Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¶2019 wWC 400: Salwa Eid Naser (Bahrain) 48.14 (WL)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ¶2019 wWC 400: Salwa Eid Naser (Bahrain) 48.14 (WL)

T&FN formchart

1. Shaunae Miller-Uibo (Bahamas)
    2. Salwa Eid Naser (Bahrain)
    3. Shericka Jackson (Jamaica)
    4. Shakima Wimbley (USA)
    5. Steph Ann McPherson (Jam)
    6. Phyllis Francis (USA)
    7. Christine Botlogetswe (Bot)
    8. Laviai Nielsen (Great Britain)
    9. Justyna Święty-Ersetic (Pol)
    10. Kendall Ellis (USA)
    Last edited by gh; 10-03-2019, 10:26 PM.

Is Jackson healthy? She has not raced much since July which is unlike her training group model. If fit, she is a definite bronze if not it is wide open as Wimbley can be so inconsistent. SMU mid to low 48 with Nasser around 48.8

Comment

SMU should win this, but imagine if she doesn't, after dropping the 200 in favour of this....

Comment

Note at the Brussels DL, Wimbley got injured around the 200m mark and DNF.

Comment

My only concern is that Miller-Uibo is lightly raced over the 400 this year, but I don't see too many ways she loses this. Fingers crossed for 48-low, but she should be able to do at least 48-mid even with a sub-optimal race model.

Comment

Could mean nothing...but Naser will have an extra 400m leg in her from the mixed 4x4 heats.(Bahrain advanced to Finals).

Also on the exchange she was involved in a collision with one of the outgoing male anchor legs as she finished up her 3rd leg carry. Wasn’t pretty.

Would be a shame to have an impact on her open 400m.

Comment

Originally posted by _Jay View Post
              Could mean nothing...but Naser will have an extra 400m leg in her from the mixed 4x4 heats.(Bahrain advanced to Finals).

Also on the exchange she was involved in a collision with one of the outgoing male anchor legs as she finished up her 3rd leg carry. Wasn’t pretty.

Would be a shame to have an impact on her open 400m.
              Another reason the mixed nonsense should be abandoned. Countries that dictate to their athletes by pressure or financial incentives (?) leads to the Naser display. Will she now run the mixed nonsense finals then race 3 round of open 400m over 4 days?

Comment

I remember last year at the Asian Games, Naser running rounds of the 400, the 4x1, and the 4x4 then getting on a flight to Brussels for the Diamond League final the next day, and winning in a convincing 49.33. She's tough as nails.

Comment

Originally posted by OneWay View Post
                  Another reason the mixed nonsense should be abandoned. Countries that dictate to their athletes by pressure or financial incentives (?) leads to the Naser display. Will she now run the mixed nonsense finals then race 3 round of open 400m over 4 days?
                  I personally enjoyed the mixed 4x4, thought it was a good addition.

At the same time, I can see how in Naser’s situation, being a part of this is not helpful for her individual medal chances.

Comment

Naser running 2 hard rounds of the mixed 4x4, IMO, eliminate any shot to challenge a well rested SMU.

Comment

Bahrain actually has a shot at a medal in the relay, so she's going to be needed tomorrow for the final.
                      Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

One assumes that Naser has no choice and has to run the mixed. I also saw.the collision in the heats. She may be tough and used to heavy programmes but the reality is she wont be anywhere near as fresh as SMU, and the form SMU is in, Naser needs to be rested and fresh.
                        I also thought the way she hung to the inside lane for most of the home straight, then came wide last minute, just showed her inexperience in relays.

Comment

Originally posted by Powell View Post
                          Bahrain actually has a shot at a medal in the relay, so she's going to be needed tomorrow for the final.
                          I'm going to assume that Bahrain will reward Naser handsomely since she was certainly key to their mixed 4x4 getting a medal!

Comment

Francis is in unbelievable shape.

Comment

How come there are some defending champs (e.g Phyllis Francis) that don't have the goldish/brownish beebs?

Comment

Working...
                              X