X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Flying Pigdog
    replied
    Originally posted by OneWay View Post
    Please remind me of her global champs record.
    All I can remember as far as medals go is a bronze in w200 in 2013.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Originally posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    I've long learned that it is wise not to count on Okagbare in any sort of global champs, but who knows, maybe the 100 mixup will motivate her.
    No British athlete, male or female, has ever won the gold medal for 200 meters at the Worlds or Olympics. I don't see Okagabare anywhere near DAS next week, except perhaps in a warmup area....

Leave a comment:

• OneWay
    replied
    Originally posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    I've long learned that it is wise not to count on Okagbare in any sort of global champs, but who knows, maybe the 100 mixup will motivate her.
    Please remind me of her global champs record.

Leave a comment:

• The Flying Pigdog
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Wiederganger
    replied
    DAS definitely the favourite now. Even if Ta Lou is back to her 2017 form at 200, the way Thompson was closing on her in the 100m final, Thompson should still beat her. Schippers was looking good to get in the podium until that adductor strain. Now she will struggle. I wonder if Okagbare can get back on the podium again?

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    DAS’ race to lose.

Leave a comment:

• The Flying Pigdog
    replied
    This is DAS' race, she will probably go sub 22 and I don't think anyone else can go there, especially given Thompson's form and SAFP bowing out.

Leave a comment:

• Juicy News
    replied
    No one is beating DAS

Leave a comment:

• Wiederganger
    replied
    Originally posted by Paced View Post
    I wonder how Ta Lou will fare. She's looking in PB shape and she ran Schippers close to the line in 2017.
    Ta Lou looks great over 100 here. Her 200s have been average to poor this year, so not sure how much speed endurance training she has done....but then I never expected tes 10.85, so she may well surprise!

Leave a comment:

• Paced
    replied
    I wonder how Ta Lou will fare. She's looking in PB shape and she ran Schippers close to the line in 2017.

Leave a comment:

• t_monk
    replied
    Based on what we’re seeing in the heats and semi’s of the 100 I would say Asher-Smith is the favorite for the 200?

Leave a comment:

• Wiederganger
    replied
    Yep, Thompson is listed. If she pulled out she couldn't start the relay.

Leave a comment:

• reggaeirie1234
    replied
    Thompson is listed.

Leave a comment:

• AFelixFan
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
    And now SAFP is not doing the 200. No wonder shes taking the 100 very, very seriously
    This is disappointing to hear. I wonder if Thompson will follow suit, as she's said she's not a big fan of the 200.

Leave a comment:

• Paced
    replied
    I imagine she would've been taking it seriously anyway but that's a huge shame. She would have been a solid medal contender.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X