X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juicy News
    replied
    Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
    Ain't seen nothin' yet. Just wait till Tokyo, after a whole season of focusing on the 200m.
    More work for Coe.

Leave a comment:

• 18.99s
    replied
    Originally posted by Javelin-dave View Post
    Ridiculous from Seyni 🤣
    Ain't seen nothin' yet. Just wait till Tokyo, after a whole season of focusing on the 200m.

Leave a comment:

• 26mi235
    replied
    Senyi was in "Lane 1" and will do better in 4/5/6. Running people down is also an advantageous way to run.

Leave a comment:

• steveu
    replied
    Originally posted by BCBaroo View Post
    I know it's just heats. But- USA'sians far exceeded my expectations.
    Yes ... any of the three could be in contention for a bronze. Seems like DAS is the overwhelming favorite and even though she didn't run top form in the 100, I have to think Thompson is going to get the silver.

Leave a comment:

• Wiederganger
    replied
    Agree re a US woman on the podium! Kambundji and Lalova don't look strong enough. Pinto looked good but cant see her knocking enough off her PB to medal, and whilst Seyni has an unreal last 100, surely she will be just too far down off the bend? I could see Seyni maybe getting down to 22.4, but I think 22.2-22.35 will be needed for the bronze medal

Leave a comment:

• BCBaroo
    replied
    I know it's just heats. But- USA'sians far exceeded my expectations.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Annelus looking impressive. With the field being what it is (and ET still looking sub-par), we could well see an American on the podium. Possibly even two?

Leave a comment:

• etuoyo
    replied
    This event looking like a dud but on a good day it is actually the most competitive high quality female event.

Leave a comment:

• Javelin-dave
    replied
    Ridiculous from Seyni 🤣

Leave a comment:

• ChitoAZX
    replied
    Okabare DQ'd

Leave a comment:

• steveu
    replied
    What happened to Okagbare?

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Okagbare showing as DQ.

Looks like she stepped on the line just as she was transitioning into the straight.

She crossed the line only in fourth but probably would qualify on time.
    Last edited by Trickstat; 09-30-2019, 03:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LopenUupunut
    replied
    Ta Lou has apparently had knee problems since the All-Africa Games, and that's why she scratched; though she did run 10.85/10.87/10.90 on that knee, so we can certainly speculate about the scheduling...

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    Seyni with a huge NR of 22.58. Looks like she can make an impact in the 200, too.

Leave a comment:

• Trickstat
    replied
    Originally posted by tm71 View Post
    Ridiculous scheduling by the iaaf. The athletes that run the 100 had a very quick turnaround and Miller-Ubo ruled it out even before the meet start due to overlap with the 400
    As the 100 is such a high profile event there tends to be a lot of media interest and demand for interviews after the race which can take a lot of time and having the 200 start the next day is far from ideal.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X