X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powell
    replied
    Originally posted by steveu View Post
    I have a feeling Bryant is going to do well also.
    Not as impressive as Brown, but looking good enough to make the final, I would think.

Leave a comment:

• steveu
    replied
    Originally posted by Powell View Post
    At least one US female sprinter is in form here. Brittany Brown with a PB in the heats.
    I have a feeling Bryant is going to do well also.

Leave a comment:

• Powell
    replied
    At least one US female sprinter is in form here. Brittany Brown with a PB in the heats.

Leave a comment:

• steveu
    replied
    Originally posted by deroki View Post
    Agreed. Whoever signed off on this event schedule should be fired.
    Yeah, very disappointing with the injuries and the schedule. Might be good for the Americans, though, getting into the final at least -- maybe having a chance to medal.

Leave a comment:

• etuoyo
    replied
    IAAF didn't help with their retarded scheduling. Meant SMU could not take part and it is equally retarded that the 200m starts less than 24hours after the 100m finals. That is probably why Ta Lou pulled out and Coleman didn't do the 200m either. IAAF's incompetence appears legendary.

Leave a comment:

• tm71
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post
    Schippers DNS, Ta Lou DNS

No SMU, no SAFP, no Schippers, no Ta Lou, Thompson not in form....this event went from looking potentially good at the start of this season to this.
    Ridiculous scheduling by the iaaf. The athletes that run the 100 had a very quick turnaround and Miller-Ubo ruled it out even before the meet start due to overlap with the 400

Leave a comment:

• deroki
    replied
    Originally posted by Wiederganger View Post

No SMU, no SAFP, no Schippers, no Ta Lou, Thompson not in form....this event went from looking potentially good at the start of this season to this.
    Agreed. Whoever signed off on this event schedule should be fired.

Leave a comment:

• Wiederganger
    replied

Last edited by Wiederganger; 09-30-2019, 03:04 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Wiederganger
    replied
    Quick Schippers update: Coach Bennema said she felt her groin at 10m into the 100m SF and from 20-40m couldn't 'stretch' out. It was his decision to withdraw her to prevent further injury. They will decide (now) during her warm up for the 200m heats whether she continues or not.

Leave a comment:

• AFelixFan
    replied
    Yeah, her 100m performance has probably bolstered her confidence, so I think DAS should take this pretty easily. Probably 21.9x with a three-tenths winning margin.

Leave a comment:

• ATK
    replied
    Why was Okagbare not in the 100m? Nigerian Federation issues?

Leave a comment:

• Wiederganger
    replied
    I would say no way was Okagbare getting a medal before I watched the 100 final. Now with Thompson not at her best due to her Achilles and Schippers carrying another injury to add to her back, there is an opportunity for Okagbare. If she fails to medal here, with no SMU, no SAFP, and an injured Thompson and Schippers then theres no helping her!

Leave a comment:

• The Flying Pigdog
    replied
    Commonwealth gold, meh...lots of countries and athletes missing. And the LJ medals, ya, I'll give her that, was more talking about the sprints. She has run some phenomenal times on the circuit but rarely delivers on the track in Olympics or Worlds.

Leave a comment:

• LopenUupunut
    replied
    Okagbare has two LJ medals; Oly silver (upgraded from bronze) from 2008, and WC silver from 2013.

Leave a comment:

• eightsevensix
    replied
    Originally posted by The Flying Pigdog View Post
    All I can remember as far as medals go is a bronze in w200 in 2013.
    Double commonwealth champion in 2014 for what it’s worth

Leave a comment:

Working...
X