Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA fortunes, day by day

Day 1 (except marathon)

In a few words, I'd say it was a "pretty good" day 1 for USA overall.

Although "major" is subjective, the list of major casualties was relatively small. We did lose 3 medal contenders (picked 3rd-5th) in Craddock (mTJ), Andersen (wHT) and Green (w800). But the list of U.S. form-chart medalists advancing was long, with most looking pretty good (a few exceptions). In every event, at least 2 U.S. athletes made it through and in the wPV and m400H, every American advanced. As far as "surprises," maybe Butts (PR) and McCarter were the most significant?

US now has 8 medals. Is this on or ahead of pace for 30? I’m not aware of any downside surprises and at least the men’s 100 provided a second, unexpected medal.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
      US now has 8 medals. Is this on or ahead of pace for 30? I’m not aware of any downside surprises and at least the men’s 100 provided a second, unexpected medal.
      Now at 12!

Comment

Should be a secure 3 more tomorrow (mPV, m800, m200), maybe a second in the 800 (three might be asking a bit too much).

Comment

Now with 7 golds
          USA will win another 6 to 9 golds

Comment

My conservative prediction now at 32. What’s the record since 1983?

And it’s not like there are tons of huge surprises or questionable improvements. Team USA is just doing as expected with no major underperforming.

Comment

Originally posted by dupontred View Post
              My conservative prediction now at 32. What’s the record since 1983?

And it’s not like there are tons of huge surprises or questionable improvements. Team USA is just doing as expected with no major underperforming.
              30 is the highest medal total for the U.S. at the Worlds.

Comment

and there's one more event available this time

Comment

after today's events 28 looks like top end for USA

Comment

Im counting 12-13 more medals if most events go as predicted.

Comment

Any final predictions?
                      Last edited by Halfmiler2; 10-05-2019, 09:18 PM.

Comment

With one day to go, USA has 11 gold and 25 total medals. Left to go: w100h, wLJ, m1500, m10k, w4x4, m4x4

It has been mentioned that thirty is the USA record for total medals. What is the record for gold medals?

Of course, there are 49 events now. Wasn’t the total about 41 back in 1983 when the WC began and before the Women’s events gradually moved to parity with the Men’s events?
                        Last edited by Halfmiler2; 10-05-2019, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
                          Now with 7 golds
                          USA will win another 6 to 9 golds
                          With the 2 relays it looks like the US will end up with 13 goldand i am guessing 28 in total

Comment

Comment

13 golds and 29 total?

Comment

Working...
                              X