Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

starngest championship final start times and tokyo 2020 and eugene 2021.

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starngest championship final start times and tokyo 2020 and eugene 2021.

Hi,

not sure why but some reason or another i got to thinking about the Rio Olympics strange timetable of having some finals ran in the morning session like the men's 400m hurdles then i thought about the men's Olympic 100m final from Seoul 1988 and that one of if not the biggest final took place local time at just after or around 1pm with the sun beating down into the stadium and it got me thinking for some reason finals feel more special ran at the evening under the big lights.

what this has to do with 2020 Olympics and the 2021 wch in Eugene a year after is will we see morning finals due to time in Tokyo or an afternoon 100m final for example?. i just feel it takes away from the big time evening feel of what finals or dare i say any sporting event should be contested.

the 2021 wch will take place on the west coast and to cater for TV audiences around the world or say Europe where there is a big following and understanding of athletics what time will races take place local time?, the closest that there has been to this time zone was when the worlds took place in Edmonton Canada back in 2001 and i believe the 100m finals and other finals took place at between 17-18.30 hrs so perhaps not to bad.

but i just wanted to get members on here own thoughts and views of their preferred time they would like to watch and view events and if anyone has any idea of how the 2020 Olympics and 2021 world champs in Oregon might be structured or take place?.

Originally posted by curtgod View Post
    the 2021 wch will take place on the west coast and to cater for TV audiences around the world or say Europe where there is a big following and understanding of athletics what time will races take place local time?
    Because the IAAF, sorry . . . WA, is so Euro-centric, one would think that they'd like to wrap up the evening finals by 23:00 CET, which is 2pm in Eugene! I can't believe they'd do something that drastic. Finishing by 6pm PT (3am CET) might be a goal, which would please us USA Right-coasters: 9pm.
    And then, over-thinking this even more . . . shoot for a midnight finish in NYC, and leave the Eurs in the dark (literally)!

Comment

will be interesting to see how the scheduling for these champs as well as Tokyo next year pan out.

Comment

Working...
      X