Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New IAAF rules for transgender athletes

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New IAAF rules for transgender athletes

    MtF transgender athletes must lower testosterone to 5 nmol/l for 12 months before competing (same as the intersex regulation) down from 10 nmol/l.

    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/athleti...15-p530sx.html

  • #2
    New WA rules for transgender athletes
    https://www.iaaf.org/download/downlo...October%202019
    Sunlight is said to be the best of disinfectants

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by rhizobium View Post
      MtF transgender athletes must lower testosterone to 5 nmol/l for 12 months before competing (same as the intersex regulation) down from 10 nmol/l.

      https://www.smh.com.au/sport/athleti...15-p530sx.html
      I just find this so much BS. Being a ball-less male will never make you a female for sporting purposes as far as I am concerned. Every time I see NZs Laurel Hubbard in the women’s weightlifting it just makes me want puke.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
        I just find this so much BS. Being a ball-less male will never make you a female for sporting purposes as far as I am concerned. Every time I see NZs Laurel Hubbard in the women’s weightlifting it just makes me want puke.
        I agree 100% with you but I think it just makes you want to puke rather than it just makes you want puke

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
          I just find this so much BS. Being a ball-less male will never make you a female for sporting purposes as far as I am concerned. Every time I see NZs Laurel Hubbard in the women’s weightlifting it just makes me want puke.
          Yep. Even 12 YEARS of lowering test can't reverse going through PUBERTY as a male, and having things that affect athletics etched in stone.
          You there, on the motorbike! Sell me one of your melons!

          Comment


          • #6
            Better than it was, but still ridiculous. No need to make some human guinea pigs, even if voluntary, at the expense of the entire female sex athletic category. Yes, it should be sex and the issue will come up once a trans competitor is world class dominant in a track and field event. But I seem to recall we just went through a 10-year circus over somebody who was force fit into the female sex category, costing other competitors medals and championships and dollars.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm not sure what you mean by "force fit". She self-identified as a female for her entire life. Nobody forced her to do that or to compete as a female. What's now being done is forcing her out of that category, unless she is willing to do something about her unusual condition. (And I, for one, have no problem with what the IAAF has now done in her case.)

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                I'm not sure what you mean by "force fit". She self-identified as a female for her entire life. Nobody forced her to do that or to compete as a female.
                Lawyers force-fit Semenya into the female category against the IAAF's will, not against Semenya's will.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Are you suggesting that the IAAF wanted to call her a male?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                    Are you suggesting that the IAAF wanted to call her a male?
                    Not a male per se, just not female enough to compete in the female category. It's not an either-or thing.
                    Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      They didn't want to call her anything. They just didn't want her competing in the female category where she had an advantage.

                      And I welcome the new rules.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Also, this is not about self-identification. If she wants to be considered female, that's perfectly fine in a legal/ social setting. The IAAF decision only applies to her participation in T&F.
                        Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tandfman View Post
                          Are you suggesting that the IAAF wanted to call her a male?
                          Congrats on the 20k post milestone!

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X