Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aaronk View Post
    what about the changes in the Javelin Throw?
    In fact, there's an "old" and a "new" JT set of Records and All-Time Marks!

The old Women's WR was 262 or something, correct??
    Now it's 237, and rarely do we see a 230+ throw!
    Yet they didn't rescore JJK's heptathlon record which was set with the old javelin. Her record should be 80-90 points lower than it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
      Yet they didn't rescore JJK's heptathlon record which was set with the old javelin. Her record should be 80-90 points lower than it is.
      I think those most knowledgeable on this board about javelin are in agreement that spec changes for both men and women made very little difference in terms of distance to those throwing below about 60m or so.

There actually seem to be more heptathletes throwing over 50m than there were in JJK's day. Although it is worth remembering that the change to hep in 1981 meant that the older multi-eventers tended to have to learn the event almost from scratch at a later age than the current generation.

Comment

• Originally posted by ManveerHuber View Post
        I have a question for the moderators, do they clean old threads or not?I'm sure that a lot of threads are no longer relevant
        Just noticed this, and while i also noticed that you didn't mean to post it, I would say that threads never die, they just remain in hibernation until someone resurrects them.

In some cases I have noticed threads being resurrected 10 plus years later.
        Last edited by Tuariki; 12-25-2020, 12:05 AM.

Comment

• Front page linked article:

we estimate that they improve men's times between 1.5 and 2.9 percent, women's performances between 0.8 and 2.4 percent.
          2% in a 2:05 mMar = 2.5 minutes; for a wMar of 2:30 = 3.0 minutes

in a 27:00 10K = 32.4 sec

in a 12:40 5K = 15.2 sec
          Last edited by Atticus; 12-24-2020, 06:53 PM.

Comment

• Nick Willis tweet:

OK, I'm a believer in the new spike tech. Ran 2 seconds faster than expected for a time-trial tonight. Wore the NB version that everyone has been tearing it up in.

link to that thread now on home page

Comment

• Dina Asher Smith the first athlete I've seen wear the sprint variant of the Vaperfly range unless I've missed it from any meets earlier this year? Worn in the heat earlier this evening in Germany.

Comment

• DAS looked very good and easy in her heat, then great in the final at 6.92, with a lot of the others running very fast also. Will the greater speed of the new shoes help the vaulters?

Comment

• Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                  DAS looked very good and easy in her heat, then great in the final at 6.92
                  Results I saw showed her final time as 7.08, not 6.92 (which would tie WR).

Comment

• Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                    DAS looked very good and easy in her heat, then great in the final at 6.92, with a lot of the others running very fast also. Will the greater speed of the new shoes help the vaulters?
                    ​​​​​​Not quite that quick but who knows after a fuller indoor season.

Vaulters possibly quicker, but wonder if they're allowed in the TJ and LJ? I also wonder what they could mean for sprint hurdlers and any additional speed.

In the photos from the event it's hard to see if they are the same as the images shared last year, though the colourway appears the same.

Comment

• https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/n...gacy-6wgacy-6wv9wcdm https://twitter.com/hendopolis/statu...203142658?s=19

Sprint version shelved.

Last edited by Speedster; 02-20-2021, 08:10 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedster View Post
                        Someone else will make it (a similar version) and Bolt's records will go to "an inferior athlete".

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Someone else will make it (a similar version) and Bolt's records will go to "an inferior athlete".
                          Nike isn't concerned about Bolt's records. Bolt was never a Nike athlete. They're concerned that World Athletics wouldn't approve the shoe, which is also a concern for anybody else who'd want to make a similar shoe.

Comment

• doesn't even look like a shoe

Comment

• How come no one cared enough about records when new tech. came out for shoes and tracks decades before Bolt?

Is anyone keeping track of races run in these new shoes. Should All-time Athletics being putting a V next to these performances -
                              Last edited by proofs in the pudd'in; 02-20-2021, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post
                                They're concerned that World Athletics wouldn't approve the shoe, which is also a concern for anybody else who'd want to make a similar shoe.
                                So give WA a prototype, let them rule. When the PGA outlawed a golf ball for being too 'lively' (distance), the company sold tons!

Comment

Working...
                                X