Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by proofs in the pudd'in View Post
    How come no one cared enough about records when new tech. came out for shoes and tracks decades before Bolt?
    Tracks do have to be tested to ensure their rebound energy doesn't exceed the limits. And everybody in a race runs on the same track, unlike shoes where fit, affordability and contracts make different athletes wear different shoes.

I wish they would have banned spikes on rubberized tracks, especially for races over 400m. Tracks would last longer and there would fewer instances of runners getting their legs literally torn up in distance races.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atticus View Post
      So give WA a prototype, let them rule. When the PGA outlawed a golf ball for being too 'lively' (distance), the company sold tons!
      They would probably sell a ton to high school kids whose parents have too much money. Does the NCAA have rules about shoes? Rewrite the record books there too.

Comment

• I've been waiting for these shoes since they were announced in Feb 2020. They were supposed to be available to the public in the "Summer" of 2020.

What shoes did DAS wear for her 7.08?

Comment

• Actually, the released Nike Air Zoom Victory doesn't look much different that the planned Viperfly that is being shelved.

Victory top pic; Viperfly bottom pic

Comment

• Originally posted by Fortius19 View Post
            I've been waiting for these shoes since they were announced in Feb 2020. They were supposed to be available to the public in the "Summer" of 2020.

What shoes did DAS wear for her 7.08?
            Upper similar to the image above but looks like a 2021 Nike sprint plate in the photos on Dina this indoor season.

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

Tracks do have to be tested to ensure their rebound energy doesn't exceed the limits. And everybody in a race runs on the same track, unlike shoes where fit, affordability and contracts make different athletes wear different shoes.

I wish they would have banned spikes on rubberized tracks, especially for races over 400m. Tracks would last longer and there would fewer instances of runners getting their legs literally torn up in distance races.
              And they are fair in races where some have to run in Lane 1? I guess if it never rains...

Comment

• I am pretty sure that 18.99s was referencing the fact that in laned races, all lanes feature the same level of foot traffic during a race. In races longer than 400m, the inside lane (or even lanes 1-3) see MUCH more foot traffic than the outer lanes.

Comment

• Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post
                  And they are fair in races where some have to run in Lane 1? I guess if it never rains...
                  If spikes were not allowed for races above 400m, lane 1 wouldn't be more chewed up than the other lanes (except to the minor extent of whatever damage non-spiked shoes would do).
                  Last edited by 18.99s; 02-22-2021, 04:40 PM.

Comment

How come no one cared enough about records when new tech. came out for shoes and tracks decades before Bolt?
                    Go back and check the Message Board traffic when Tartan tracks debuted in the 1960s, I'll bet there was all kinds of discussion and arguments. Oh, wait.....

Comment

• Originally posted by 18.99s View Post

If spikes were not allowed for races above 400m, lane 1 wouldn't be more chewed up than the other lanes (except to the minor extent of whatever damage non-spiked shoes would do).
                      I don't know but this sounds like a bit of a Luddite argument and is getting more so the long this goes on.

Comment

Perhaps because the benefits of having tracks where you could still hold a meet despite a torrential rainstorm an hour before the start was considered more important?

Comment

• Some interesting takes on twitter about this (shock!) and I think ultimately we've reached a reset point in the sport and we'll take a few years to understand what new performance standards are and then move on - this feels different to tracks changing, fibreglass poles, new javelins etc.

As a sprints and hurdles fan (love it all really) I am kinda sad we're not going to see the same innovation in sprint events, and while we would risk losing Bolt's records at some stage, I would be happy to see Flo-Jo and Koch go.

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedster View Post
                            Some interesting takes on twitter about this (shock!) and I think ultimately we've reached a reset point in the sport and we'll take a few years to understand what new performance standards are and then move on - this feels different to tracks changing, fibreglass poles, new javelins etc.

As a sprints and hurdles fan (love it all really) I am kinda sad we're not going to see the same innovation in sprint events, and while we would risk losing Bolt's records at some stage, I would be happy to see Flo-Jo and Koch go.
                            Flo-Jo 10.49* or 10.62(?); no track fan I know thinks of the 10.49 as the record.

Comment

Flo-Jo 10.49* or 10.62(?); no track fan I know thinks of the 10.49 as the record.
                              I was there and whether legit or not it still is the official record...

The Chinese records from 1993 are probably even more bogus....but there they are!

Comment

Guess I am not a track fan, just like every one at World Athletics

Comment

Working...
                                X