Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tuariki View Post
    Guess I am not a track fan, just like every one at World Athletics
    Their hands are tied by current protocol. Ours are not. Just like the Chinese times and the 70s-80s women's throws.
    Last edited by Atticus; 02-23-2021, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by 26mi235 View Post

Flo-Jo 10.49* or 10.62(?); no track fan I know thinks of the 10.49 as the record.
      I'd like to see the female sprinters get the same chance Bolt and WVN did of breaking a world record.

Comment

• They can....just run 10.48...

Comment

• Originally posted by Speedster View Post
          I'd like to see the female sprinters get the same chance Bolt and WVN did of breaking a world record.
          If the shoes lead to the breaking of records in ALL races, I'm OK with that. Certainly better than the 70s-80s PED onslaught.
          Everyone can wear these shoes. Not everyone was willing to sell their soul to the devil with chemical enhancement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
            They can....just run 10.48...
            They just have to conjure up a hurricane tailwind and get the wind gauge to read 0.0. Easy peasy.

Comment

• Life isn't always fair....but the WR is 10.49....

Comment

• Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
                Life isn't always fair....but the WR is 10.49....
                It's only fair when random chance is involved.

Comment

• https://www.letsrun.com/news/2021/02...lloway-indoor/

Nice interview with Ben True starting just shy of 63 minutes. His take on his recent 10K track PR, his recent training and fitness, and the benefits of the new shoe technology. He said the road shoes feel like pogo sticks the first time you put them on and they confer an advantage. With regard to the track spikes, he thinks he could run almost as fast in old spikes as he did in the new ones, but the new ones, whether used in training or racing, somehow prevent one’s legs from getting as beat up so one can recover more quickly, train at a bit higher level, come back from a long track race more quickly.

Comment

Working...
                  X