Eugene WC 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eugene WC 2021

I note in a FP article that Oregon21 (LOC) is looking for the rest of their funding. Since the entire budget is only $80M (the track renovation, as a comparison, was $195M!), certainly Uncle Phil (net worth ~38B) can rummage through his sofa cushions and find enough to pay it off, yes?

Yes the whole thing about the budget thing is weird... the pointless Tower costs more than this supposed budget hole....

Comment

Meanwhile....a friend took this today...the roof is going on...

Comment

https://www.registerguard.com/news/2...public-dollars

This article has some more details, and also an estimate of ticket sales of 14.7 million. Good seats not going to be cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary View Post
          Meanwhile....a friend took this today...the roof is going on...
          So I see windows in the tower facing the track. So all the Kool-Kids will have offices there, overlooking the track?

Comment

I thought that total was low....25,000....10 days....250,000 tickets is only about $70 average a day....

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
              So I see windows in the tower facing the track. So all the Kool-Kids will have offices there, overlooking the track?

Who knows....at least it's not leaning anymore...

Comment

I am guessing that the tower will have some broadcast function and high view for video. It might also have Luxury seating but by being away, it would not be that valuable.

Comment

Originally posted by donley2 View Post
                  https://www.registerguard.com/news/2...public-dollars

This article has some more details, and also an estimate of ticket sales of 14.7 million. Good seats not going to be cheap.
                  great seats will be free on TV...

Comment

Originally posted by thedoorknobbroke View Post
                    great seats will be free on TV...
                    While I HAVE to go to the first WC in the USA, the best seats are indeed in my living room.

Comment

I thought that total was low....25,000....10 days....250,000 tickets is only about $70 average a day....
                      You follow this closely, is 25k the current estimate of capacity for the World Champs? And I was thinking that the better seats would be more than 100 per day and the worst seats around 50ish.

Comment

Hard to say...since there is no info....I think the tickets will be considerably more than the Trials and the cheapest reserved seats were $680...I'm guessing at least $1000 for the cheapest seats..

As for the temporary seats which could be as high as the Tower...I wouldn't be surprised at $70...its an event on such a different level from anything else...

Comment

The place holds 12,500...hard to see how to get to 30,000...

Comment

The place holds 12,500...hard to see how to get to 30,000...
                            I am wondering when the temporary seats will actually be in place? At this point it seems like they might start selling tickets a year out and not actually have all the temporary seats built.

Comment

They will be in place for the Trials....like before...doubt they will keep them up for a year after that.

Comment

Working...
                              X