• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
    Sorry about that. I've fixed it now.
    Thank you.

Comment

• The U.S. State Department has just raised its Travel Advisory to Level 4 - Do Not Travel.

https://travel.state.gov/content/tra...-advisory.html

With that in place, I doubt if there's any way USATF could have sent a team.

Comment

• Indeed....but will it spread? Stay tuned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickstat View Post
          I have just checked and the Euros were held every year through to 1990. Thus there were both Euro and World Indoor Champs in 1987 and 1989, plus a World Indoor Games before the Euros in 1985.
          True, but it did have a negative impact on the quality of the EIC, which is why the Euro federation decided it wasn't a good idea to have both in the same year.
          Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

• Originally posted by tandfman View Post
            Trackstat has somehow managed to make it appear is if I said "That would be insane for top athletes coming off Tokyo OG and getting ready for Eugene WC..."

I did not say that. Those words were not in what I posted.
            Sorry, I said it and still think so. Time will tell if I am wrong.

Comment

• [QUOTE=f/f;2738517]
              Originally posted by tandfman View Post
              European Athletics says that there will be at least two weeks between the Euros and the Worlds, so that athletes can do both.

That would be insane for top athletes coming off Tokyo OG and getting ready for Eugene WC...
              Not a big deal when you have direct finals in the field events. Running with heats, yeah don't think many will make that double, even as it stands many runners don't bother with indoor season..

Comment

• Random FYI, I was automatically refunded for my tickets without even having to asking for a refund. So the previous email from the IAAF about being able to keep them for next year was probably before an actual decision was made on what to do.

Comment

Working...
                X