Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden League on TV?

I can't find any indication anywhere that the Golden League will be shown on American television. Does anyone out there have any info? I've already done a tvguide.com search and combed through the USATF and ESPN web sites.
    "Run fast and keep turning left."

Re: Golden League on TV?

Is the first meet the 27th in Oslo? It'll be on. Just start looking at the beginning of next week.

Comment

When, oh WHEN, will Eurosport be available on cable here in the US? Without that, our coverage of the Euro circuit rates a grade of about D+ at best.

Comment

>Is the first meet the 27th in Oslo? It'll be on.
        >Just start looking at the beginning of next week.

Actually, I'm not worried about Oslo, because I'll actually be there (yippee! My first European meet!). But I was looking for the listings so I could tell friends to watch it, but I can't find it anywhere in their listings, unless it's a week delay or so.

Comment

Dude, I'm telling you guys, I really think ESPN is NOT showing the Golden League this year. I'm finding nothing, and I searched and searched their listings again. And if ESPN isn't showing it, who would?

And you're right -- we desperately need Eurosport.

Comment

Dude, I'm telling you guys, I really think ESPN is NOT showing the Golden League this year. I'm finding nothing, and I searched and searched their listings again. And if ESPN isn't showing it, who would?>

dude you are right, i could not find it either. unless they decide to add it at the last moment. i am sure larry rawson will tell us on sunday when the next espn telecast will be. if it is not on espn, then we will be shut out for the first time since 98 and 99. but aren't we jumping the gun guys, we have the usatf this weekend. we can talk about olso next week.

Comment

NO word from Rawson on Sunday and it looks like ESPN wont be carrying the Golden League. Of all years (pre Olympic) I can't understand why this one: could it have to do with no Marion?
              Either way it's a complete disaster for the fans.

Comment

according to espn 2 from sunday, next T&F is Paris at the end of august....

Comment

actually, during the espn2 broadcast, they listed the the world championship as an upcoming meet. they did not say the WC's were going to be the next meet they show. perhaps they are still working the bugs out, trying to get the golden league on the air here at the last minute.

Comment

http://www.usatf.org/calendars/TVSchedule.asp

Comment

I urge you all to e-mail ESPN to voice your displeasure. I've really enjoyed the Golden League broadcasts the past several years. Bummer.

Comment

espn plans to show some of the golden league meets on their other channels like pacific rim and latin america a few weeks later. nothing stated for espn 1 or 2. also according to their schedule they are not showing the first three days of the worlds either. that is even worse !

Comment

Working...
                        X