Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: American long jumping

>Will there be anyone to jump past 8.70 in the up coming season in the longjump?

I truly believe Phillips will do it this year. His speed seems to be improved, and apparently he and his coach are focusing specifically on converting the speed to his takeoff in his last few strides. He seems to have his head on straight as well. I'd love to see this guy dominate for the next few years. Who knows, perhaps a world record is in the cards?

Comment

Yeah he is definately the US guy who could go around the 8.70 mark this year. Breaking the record is a stretch. He has been working on becoming more technically sound in his penultimate stride so that is what will push him up to the next level and keep him consistent.

Comment

wasn't suggesting he'd break the record this year, if ever. Just hoping it may be in the cards in years to come.

Comment

I feel that Brian Johnson could join him
          in the 28-0 club and something else I didn't know
          that Johnson was the leading American jumper
          with a distance of 26-10 during the indoor
          season.

Comment

Phillips is opening his season in the 100 meters and longjump this weekend ,so lets just see if he's ready to put his best foot forward and look good in both events?

Comment

>I feel that Brian Johnson could join him
              in the 28-0 club and something else I
              >didn't know
              that Johnson was the leading American jumper
              with a distance of
              >26-10 during the indoor
              season.

Whenever I read hbcu fan's posts (or any other of his aliases) I feel as if I should be reciting them in Haiku.

Comment

There is another young American that should show a lot of promise this year. Outside of the U.S. you probably will not know of him. I will say this, he trains with someone listed many times in this thread. I will not mention his name at this time.

Comment

Breaking the record the last time around was a result of heated competition between two outstanding athletes feeding off one another's performances. I would love to see Dwight accompanied by a couple of others in that situation in the future.

Still, I am troubled by the lack of depth in the event, at least here in the US. Do any of you from Europe nations or Canada see similar thinning out of the field in your countries?

Comment

Riff80, Hmmm I think I know who you are talking about and I believe that with his training partner he is definetly one to watch out for this upcoming season. I Heard he is already jumping well into the 27's just cant seem to get his approach right but once he does Im sure people outside of the US will know about him.

Comment

Working...
                    X