Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Webb's done

Re: 1500

I'm about ready to jump on that bandwagon too. 3:47 sucks.

Comment

3:47!!!

Was this a meet from 1965?

This is the great US miling regression.

Bring back Jim Spivey, Joe Falcon, Steve Holdman, and Jeff Atkinson!!!

Comment

Abinferno, we agree again, Webb's confidence is gone. He's the richest, slowest elite 1500m runner in the world.

Comment

What was Webb thinking? How does he expect a high school coach to take anyone to world class status?

Comment

Leaving his college coach was a mistake.

Case closed.

Comment

yea i think ur right, i didnt think he would b over until hes like 28 but im gone say bye bye

Comment

Jeff Atkinson? That guy loved to sit and kick as much as anyone. If he could win a 1500 in 3:44, he would.

Comment

you are right this was a race atkinson would love to run. another slow tactical race at the usatf, what is new guys ?

Comment

When I was a mediocre miler 40 years ago, we'd go through 800m as fast as today's finalists did.
                    There will always be slow tactical races, of course, but how can our 1500m competitors expect to run well in Europe when they become accustomed to running such ridiculously slow paces in races here? It's such a jump to go from an initial 800m in 2:07 to an initial 800m in 1:50.

Comment

I think y'all are being too hard on Webb's coach. Didn't Rackzo coach Webb to 3:38 EN ROUTE two years ago? That time would have blown away the field today.

Comment

The catcalls from the fans were great - "pick it up", "you guys are walking", "where is Tiffany McWilliams when we need her?", etc.

So, with McWilliams' front-running a special treat on the women's side, I remember a few years ago that Berryhill, and his then-coach Del Hessel, stated that they were going to change the way Americans approached the mile. Berryhill was going to run from the front!

Since then - new coach, new concept, I guess.

Comment

Why did he go back to his H.S. coach? Seriously?
                          It's time to go to the next level. No elite runner has a High School teacher for a coach. He's obviously a good coach, but why not trai with other elite milers? Wake up Webb.

Comment

I too am disappointed in Webb's performance. On TV there was a shot of him at the starting line. He was a nervous wreck. I can't recall ANYONE that nervous with holding his head, shaking all over, etc. Give this guy a break. He is twenty years old and I am sure he feels the pressure to do good, because of his 3:53 and the big contract he got from Nike. He needs someone to show him how to have fun racing again. If you are to believe what you hear about his good training, I think he needs to learn ro relax and possibly, for the remainder of this year, get in some of the lower key European meets just to get used to competing again. The last thing he needs is to hang it up for the year and sit in his room and feel sorry for himself. Then he would become a head case.

Comment

I thought that the 1500M final was straight up crap!!!

The 1500M is one of my favorite races and to see a U.S. Championship degrade into a damn high school race is just shameful...This was not a question of tactics, but a question of balls, and none of these "athletes" had em!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X