Mo Greene 200 Final

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo Greene 200 Final

Mo Greene finishes fourth in the 200 semi's out of land 1, and then pulls his usual limping routine after he crosses the line. GOOD ONE! I guess I haven't seen that one before!

BOY, it sure was a real surprise to me then to not see MO show up for his 200 final out in lane 1 later during the day!

I'm waiting for his excuse!

Re: Mo Greene 200 Final

thats exactly wut i thought. didnt he say earlier he wanted to win the worlds in the 200? kinda hard to when ur not going to race. wut a wus, he kinda reminds me of this guy on my track team who always pulls up when hes ab to lose

Comment

hey i got one of those on my team too hahahahah

Comment

Looked just like the match race between mic Johnson and Donavan Bailey in Canada a few years back. MJ pulls up "lame" after Bailey
        pulls away. You don't see the British lads pulling this cowardly rubish.

Comment

>Looked just like the match race between mic
          >Johnson and Donavan Bailey in Canada a few years
          >back. MJ pulls up "lame" after Bailey
          pulls
          >away. You don't see the British lads pulling this
          >cowardly rubish.

Really? What about the several "hammy pulls" that Chambers & Lewis-Francis claimed to have in several races last summer. I believe the Commonwealth Games was one such meet. Or Chambers pulling out of the Euro Cup?

Comment

the british have not not jack since linford christie in 92-93

Comment

Right on. I'm glad some can see through the charade. I'm tired of all the theatrics. If you're not good enough to win, then be a man and admit it. Don't talk [email protected]#$ and then pull up lame. Sorry Maurice.

Comment

Let's see then ... every injury that a sprinter has is fake then, right?

Comment

WOW - all injuries are not fake - the writers are just pointing out an obvious (and embarrasing for the sport) trend of sprinters "pulling up" and expecting us to believe it.

How often do distance runners (MUCH prepared and practiced in sprinting) pull up at the end of their races - Geb? Tergat? Morceli? ElG? Coe? - these guys are closing fast and rarely pull up - yet it is a common occurance among sprinters - who should be trained for it. Why can Geb run a 24s final 200 while a supposed world class sprinter pulls up at 21 sec. in almost EVERY meet?

Comment

El, supermo, or what ever your name is, you are a fool. A 24 second 200 is a jog for a sprinter. You would never know how fast 21 flat or sub 21 feels. Having run 20.2 in my day I know.There is a huge difference. In order to maintain that velocity everything needs to be ready, when slight mistake in form, or warm up or even hydration can cause a problem. Just like a drag car, one little mistake can blow the race.I saw Mo run 12 consecutive 24 second 200's two year ago at the olympic traning center. He was base training. His rest was 90 sec. It was an easy practice for him. You are actually sort of funny.

Comment

I know what 21 flat feels like - ran several 100m strides this morning after my run and I believe (no auto-timing) I was sub 21 for all eight of em'!

Comment

what year did you run 20.2 ? how high did you rank ? did you make the us team ?

Comment

>Let's see then ... every injury that a sprinter
                          >has is fake then, right?

No, all injuries are not fake, however, Maurice Green pulls this stunt all the time so he has lost his credibility as far as I am concerned. He hasn't posted fast times over 200 meters consistently since his world title. He Knew that he was no match for Jarvis and John so he backed down like a coward. Some of our American sprinters just don't seem fearless anymore. Who can blaim spectators for believing that every injury is a hoax?

Comment

I am glad to run under :27. Mo Greene seems like he is gutless. I know some of the TV game shows I have seen him on he comes off as a clueless moron. World Class speed doesn't mean a world class mind.

Comment

It's the same game that MJ and Maurice pulled in the 2000 olympic trials. Convenient that both were getting roasted and both pulled up. At least Michael made a show of it and actually fell down.

Comment

Working...
                              X