Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sorry

You guys just can't win. You constantly try to pigeonhole me and scare me off with your knowledge of the sport. Nobody questions your knowledge, more like your credibility. Anyone can read magazines, watch track on tv, or subscribe to track and field news magazine. That does not mean you have an insight for what is really going on within the sport. That's like a football fanatic who loves Jerry Rice and thinks he knows him because he can recite every season statistic. When in reality the guy knows didly about the life in the NFL as Jerry Rice, or the cutthroat bussiness he had to endure to get back on top.Track is not all glits and glamour. These athletes are about of a bussiness. It's about performance, consistancy. In this sport one day fans think your the next hero. The next your washed up and all your decisions are questioned. IE the post board reguarding Justin Gatlin.Some athletes crumble, some athletes sell thier sole to the temptation of performance enhancers, some athletes grind out their carreers with blood, sweat and tears. Trust me nothing is as it seems. I know most of our elite athletes. J D the dubbed the Clown of track and field, is actually a very serious, deep, sincere leader. The green machine known for his serious antics, and devilish stares, is actually a funny light hearted person who just happens to be extremely competitive. And Maurice Green, our champion, and former world record holder who'm you people seem to think is a moron, is actually a student of the sport, reading, researching and watching film of races that date back to the 60's. The man is a world and Olympic champion, he is far from a moron.

Re: I'm sorry

Sprintman, even though I called you out on a bad Hooker stat, your right on in your analysis here. Knowing facts about the athletes (in any sport) bears no relationship to knowing anything about the people who generate the numbers.

Comment

Obviously this post is intended to impress us with YOUR inside knowledge and the fact that we don't know 'didly.' I counted at least eight obvious (and apparently unbeknownst to you) grammatical and spelling errors. Normally I completely overlook those sorts of things because we all type fast, this isn't an English essay, and it shouldn't matter. HOWEVER, the arrogance with which you write makes it very ironic that you are either
      a. unintelligent
      b. not well educated, or
      c. don't care (or know) that you make obvious errors

Let's discount a. and b. out of kindness to you. That leaves c. Why the hell should we care what you say, if YOU don't care what YOU say?

Comment

>These athletes are about of a bussiness. . . . The man is a world and Olympic champion, he is far from a moron.<

I get it. When he appeared on Who Wants to be a Millionaire, he was being paid to act like a moron. Is that it? Well, he certainly performed like a champion. He created a really impressive appearance of being an absolute moron. Bravo!

Comment

Sprintman,
          Trust me, I don't mean to be meanspirited, but I have a feeling most of the guys on this forum are (myself included) true track weenies. We live and die for stats, and any inaccuracy gets noticed from all sides. However well intentioned you are, you have to be able to back it up - accurately. So, all I'm saying, is if you put something out there that sounds a little fishy, any one of the "track weenies" out there are ready to pounce, just for the sake of being right at the expense of someone who hasn't done their homework. I happen to be an ex-athlete that competed internationally also, so I make sure the stuff I say can be backed up before someone calls me on it.

Comment

Notice when I'm right you guys just dismiss the topic. Ja Warren was on the US Olympic team. And nobody disputed Couts, Hooker, or Scott. I'm sorry my spelling is a little off, in college we had what was that called----Oh, a spell check. I do care what I say, however, I write you girls in between appointments so I don't exactly proof read. Now you guys are scholars and fanatics. Impressive.

Comment

yeah, but you also said he ran in the prelims of the OG!! He didn't even put on his spikes.

Comment

The irony here, is you women claim to be track fans. Yet, you talk about one of the greatest sprintest we have ever had as if he is a moron. The irony here is if either one of you ran into him in a hotel lobby or a dinery, you would probably stare at him, tear up and ask for an autograph. Then you would go home, stare at the autograph reflect on the moment you met the gold medalist, then go to the message board to brag about your evening.

Comment

The irony here, is you women claim to be track fans. Yet, you talk about one of the greatest sprintest we have ever had as if he is a moron. The irony here is if either one of you ran into him in a hotel lobby or a dinery, you would probably stare at him, tear up and ask for an autograph. Then you would go home, stare at the autograph reflect on the moment you met the gold medalist, then go to the message board to brag about your evening.

Comment

Hey guys, remember me. Sounds like you found somebody else to pick on. I love it!!!You guys are a tough crowd. Sprintman, you can't win.

Comment

Just because he went to the Games, doesn't mean he was on the team. He was an "as-needed" replacement, and they didn't need him. Can you imagin if the USOC took every guy or gal that finished 7th in the Olympic Trials to the Games. We only do it for the relays because of the fatigue (or injury) our top 3 guys may be facing. As you probably know, the 4x1 relay teams have their relay camp before any international competition, and just because you are invited to the camp, doesn't insure you will be part of the team. Even though they may not have a relay camp, the same standard applies to the 4x4 guys.

Comment

OK, Sprintman, obviously you missed the whole arrogance thing, so I will spell it out: Y-O-U A-R-E A P-O-M-P-O-U-S A-S-S. Your attitude discredits everything you write (or attempt to). Please get off your high horse before you fall off and crack that ass. Your little putdown of 'scholars' obviously bespeaks a raging inferiority complex masked by delusions of grandeur. Sorry to be so blunt about it, but all of us (yes, even poor little me) need to get a grip on reality every now and then. I only put you down, because you seem to get off on that sort of thing and need to be paid in the coin of the realm.

Comment

Not impressed, what are you doing in a chat room guy? You need to be writing a book. Your vocabulary is very impressive. You almost lost me!!! Your a tool. Look that up.

Comment

Just a comment here afdter reading message after message from about "sprintman"...

I do not know if he is legit or not but he obviously knows what he is talking about and is not some weirdo high school kid like someone hypothesized.

He also showed in his last message that he can write and use correct grammar when he wants to.

And as to SEIZING on his "error" about Hooker and the Olympics, well that's a little gray as to whether he was "on" the team..... did he go ? Did he have a uniform if they had needed him ? To me, if these 2 things were true,he was completely ON the team. Sprintman's tiny error was in saying/believing he actually ran one of those prelims.

Having said all that, sprintman, your comments could and would be better received and believed if you learned and practiced some better communication skills... "how to win friends and influence people" type stuff.

Comment

Maybe sprintman doesn't want friends like some of the people on this board. Who can blame him?

Comment

Working...
                              X