Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VIN LEAVING STANFORD???

Hot rumor around The Farm is that Vinny is leaving to take an AD job at a DIII college. Mike Reilly supposedly would go with him. William and Mary's Andrew Gerard, who was an assistant under Vin at both Dartmouth and Stanford, would take over.

Re: VIN LEAVING STANFORD???

Why wouldn't Reilly stay and become head distance coach? With that said, Gerard is an excellent coach who basically uses Vin's system, from what I understand.

Comment

C'mon, this rumor circulated a couple of years ago and Vin didn't go anywhere. Why would he? He's got it made.

Comment

What would happen to the Farm Team? Except for Nicole Teter and Jason Lunn and maybe Jonathon Riley, I would think that project has been a huge disappointment for all involved the past two years.

Comment

As a Stanford alum, I can offer the minor insight that elite expectations are an onerous burden. Stanford can attract the best and Vin is a great coach, but to be the best year in and year out requires some luck and when it's absent, even the 'best' job is wearisome. Bucking heads with Arkansas and the others can get old. I want him to stay, but I certainly understand the desire to find a lower stress job.

Comment

He's got the best fucking coaching job in the country, living in a terrific area with an ideal climate, at an excellent school with exceptional alumni interest in, and support, for t&f. Why on earth would he leave?

The only possible explanation is that he'd really prefer a quiet small-town life style. (Remember that before he came to Stanford, he was at Dartmouth, which has much colder weather but is in a very picturesque college town in an amazingly scenic part of the country.) Maybe he just wants to go back to a nice small school somewhere in the boonies and finish his career without the pressures of his current position.

I still don't believe it.

Comment

Vin may have been at Dartmouth, but he grew up in NYC.

Comment

perhaps his WIFE would like to return to a small town atmosphere.
                word was she never wanted to leave hanover,n.h.

Comment

I am not all that sure being an AD at any school would be a low stress job--in fact at DIII it could be really stressful with budgets getting really tight.

Comment

Lannana's the ultimate control freak. Luckily he's had Smithers, I mean Mike Reilly, there to slave away and do much of the dirty work. Why would Reilly leave if he could presumably take over?

Comment

>
                      perhaps his WIFE would like to return to a
                      >small town atmosphere.
                      word was she never wanted
                      >to leave hanover,n.h.>>

I didn't even know Vin had a wife until I saw somebody introducing him to her at the meet last weekend.

Comment

I didn't even
                        >know Vin had a wife until I saw somebody
                        >introducing him to her at the meet last
                        >weekend.

OUCH.

Comment

he was rumored to have applied for the U of VT AD position

Comment

Please make your comments without profanity!

Comment

There was also some word bandied about Down Under that Coach Lanana had applied for the position of in charge of Athletics Australia a few years back.

Comment

Working...
                              X