Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Track For Stanford

Heard at Nationals last weekend that some time in July Stanford track will be ripped up and a new one poured. Don't know what the surface will be, but did hear that it will NOT be Mondo.

Re: New Track For Stanford

So who gets to decide about the new track? The new track coach?

Comment

Sounds right.

The new HS track just north of Stanford (off El Camino)will be ready to be poured about that same time.

Find out who's doing that one and you may have your answer as to the new surface at Stanford.

Comment

I was getting worried that Stanford was letting the facility get in disrepair. Maybe the new track will produce better times for the 100 up to the 800.

Comment

If the Nationals were being held today I can assure you there would be some fast 100 times. It's currently 14:00, the temperature is 98 in the shade and there's not a breath of wind.

Comment

I'd rather they keep the old track and use the money to build a small brick building with plumbing so that spectators wouldn't have to use Port-o-potties. What fans have to endure at that place is just disgusting.

Comment

>I'd rather they keep the old track and use the
              >money to build a small brick building with
              >plumbing so that spectators wouldn't have to use
              >Port-o-potties. What fans have to endure at that
              >place is just disgusting.>>

Oh c'mon, I know for a fact that they have them cleaned every 6 months, whether they need it or not!

At least the Stanford loos are away from the track. Anybody else have the joy of sitting on the homestretch side at the Trials in Sacto, where after a few days of bubbling in the triple-digit sun the stench came up under the bleachers into the stands?

Comment

You're exactly right, Garry.

Density altitude in Palo Alto is about 4,000 feet right now by my calculations.

Comment

How about investing in new seating and WC's. What a rotten venue.

Comment

Bleacher Bum:

That stench was from them pumping out the toilets, not from the sun (I was there too). Why they decided to do it right in the middle of the track meet was a bit bizarre though.

Comment

I'm glad we're (Tennessee) not alone when it comes to subpar track facilities.

Tennessee has a decent set-up, but it could be so much better. Public restrooms are terrible. The AD moved the sprints to the "other" side of the track to take advantage of how the winds usually go, so they had to build new stands over there. However, the press box and main stands are still on what is now the backstretch.

At least we have a good surface. Brand new. Plus all the events take place inside the oval. And we have the new jumbotron scoreboard. A fine place to watch a meet, but I wish we could do something special.

All things considered, I wonder who has the best facilities? Texas looks like they did their new place right. I've been to Florida's and it is very nice. Of course Oregon. What are the other top facilities?

Comment

Texas got ripped off for all the millions they spent -- talk about stinking portapotties on the garage side!

No shade really available anywhere, and it's a shame the jumps block the view of the outside lanes.

Comment

I truly hope that other communities can experience the support Hayward Field receives in Eugene. It is a real joy to attend meets in the facility, along with knowledgeable crowds.
                          Hopefully others will be constructed with similar support from their communities.

Comment

Maybe now they'll add back those extra 10-15 meters onto that track to get it back to 400m.

Comment

There are several facilities in the middle of the country. Missouri has a brand new one. Kansas U. is close to a major airport. Maybe they don't even bid for the events. They should.

Comment

Working...
                              X