Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Usain Bolt will run 19.9 by this summer

Usain Bolt will run 19.9 by this summer in the 200 Meters. and by next summer he will be running 19.7 at 6ft 6inches. I personally think that bolt will be too tall to ever clock the 19.32 or better for the 200 meters because in another three years he will be about 6ft 8 inches tall. His height will impede him fromm running the bend at the blazing speed that it takes to clock this time. I think though that he will move up to the 400 meters as is dominant race and with a little more body mass could be running sub 44 seconds in another year an a half. In fact I expect him to be in the 400 meters final at the next olympics running about 44 seconds. At 6ft 8 inches in 2006 at age 19, I think Bolt will be challenging the world record for the 400 meters and he needs to do it fast because this young man could become 6ft 10 inches by age 22 and could be too tall to run the 200 meters. The 400 might stil be be okay at that height.

P.S USAIN Bolt is now 6ft 5inches. Think about this he could be running the 400meters and the 400 meters hurdle?? in another 2 years.
    Gab

Re: Usain Bolt will run 19.9 by this summer

it's never too late to start smoking.

Comment

if he is going to be 6' 10" in 4 yrs then he is in the wrong sport !

Comment

>Usain Bolt will run 19.9 by this summer in the
        >200 Meters. and by next summer he will be running
        >19.7 at 6ft 6inches. I personally think that bolt
        >will be too tall to ever clock the 19.32 or
        >better for the 200 meters because in another
        >three years he will be about 6ft 8 inches tall.
        >His height will impede him fromm running the bend
        >at the blazing speed that it takes to clock this
        >time. I think though that he will move up to the
        >400 meters as is dominant race and with a little
        >more body mass could be running sub 44 seconds in
        >another year an a half. In fact I expect him to
        >be in the 400 meters final at the next olympics
        >running about 44 seconds. At 6ft 8 inches in 2006
        >at age 19, I think Bolt will be challenging the
        >world record for the 400 meters and he needs to
        >do it fast because this young man could become
        >6ft 10 inches by age 22 and could be too tall to
        >run the 200 meters. The 400 might stil be be okay
        >at that height.

P.S USAIN Bolt is now 6ft
        >5inches. Think about this he could be running the
        >400meters and the 400 meters hurdle?? in another
        >2 years.
        Gab

Just wondering...How do you know how tall he's going to be? And when? Did you give him a bone scan?

Comment

I do not think this guy is that good

Comment

Just wondering...How do you know how
            >tall he's going to be? And when? Did you give
            >him a bone scan?

Good point. Bolt is currently 16 years and 10 months old. Many guys would have reached their maximum height at this age, or at least got very close to it. He may just as well never get any taller than 6-6 (which is still very tall for a sprinter, but it ain't 6-8).
            Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

even at 6'6 sprinting is hard for anyone, let alone 6'8 or taller. There are very few sprinters of that hight, and they are mostly 400 runners. I believe Germany has a 400 runner name Schultz or something that is about 6'6. and avard moncur is like 6'5. If Bolt does get any taller he would have better luck challenging the world record for high jump and not the sprint events. but i could be dead wrong and thats what i love about track.

Comment

Anyone heard of Tim Goebel? He's a German sprinter who made the World Indoor final at 60 meters AS A JUNIOR (a week after his 19th birthday). Well, he's 6-7.25. He hasn't been able to progress much since then due to injuries, but he definitely was a huge talent. There may never have been a top-class sprinter as tall as this, but that doesn't necessarily mean tall guys can't sprint. Maybe they just prefer to go into other sports - there are many in which height gives you a significant advantage.
                Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Lets give credit here credits due, this kid is a prodigy. Plus the fact that their are new techniques implemented all the time in the way sprinters train. All it takes is a creative coach who can design a way to bring out the best in his young man in spite of his height and ths sky;s the limit (no pun intended)

Comment

Thanks for the comments. I personally expect Usain Bolt to run below 20.13 at the world championship hence breaking the 1985 world junior record set by Roy Martin. I expect this 16 year old class athlete to run below 20.00 at least once this summer. This is a tall order but talent is talent. Usain Bolt might not get taller than 6ft.6 inches. This would set him up perfectly as a formidable 400 meters runner. If Usain Bolt starts running under 20 seconds pretty soon in the 200 meteres look for his 400 meters time to start being sub 45 seconds. With more rigorous focus on the 400 meters with a slighly increased height I think he could become a consistent sub 44 seconds man in the next year and a half.

Euan (Gab track guru from the Sprint Factory)

Comment

Just wondering if anyone knows who the tallest world class sprinters in history were/are?

Comment

> Just wondering if anyone knows who the tallest world class sprinters in history were/are.

Let's start with Usain Bolt's great country-man
                        Arthur Wint who won gold in the 400 at London in '48. He was a shade under 6'5.

Comment

Usain Bolt is a natural talent and have been running exceptional times for a young man of his age, as some of you have mentioned before "only time will tell", I would love to see him develop to his full potential and go on to compete on the olympic and world championships ( men ) stage, but before I get too optimistic I will wait to see what the next 2 years bring for him. Having grown up in Jamaica I have seen many a great potential at high school level just fade away in later years, but on the flip side never has anyone in the country seen someone of his age run such brilliant times, so let's hope that all the pessimists and doubters are wrong and that he will go on to be just as great as Michael Johnson ( if not better )...Time will tell.

Comment

Tony is right, of course. Only time will tell. But I've seen this kid run, and if I were a betting man, I'd wager that he will make it to the medal podium at some point.

Comment

It could be as early as 2004 Olympics. I started this thread and is very delighted to see all the response. Sometime after july 13th I will be cak in this forum with more focus and optimistic projections

Comment

Working...
                              X