Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Usain Bolt will run 19.9 by this summer

I agree with you. The sprint factory is again turning out another phenom. People who are doubting whether BOLT can run sub 20 will have their doubts put to rest when he competes in the world chanpionship in Paris later in August. People who are waiting around to see what BOLT will be doing in a few years will be shocked to now that the school boy phenom will medal at the highest levels.

Gab the track guru.

Comment

I agree with GAM. I think the money earned as a pro can go a far way in financing ones education (obtaining a personal tutor). My understanding is that Mr Bolt has not (yet) made that decision. He may or may not, let us see what's next.

Bolt's real test will be at the Senior Pan Am in a few days. Sub 20.13 secs- WJR?. Dicey!

Comment

Are you sure that Bolt is going to run in the pan am games?

Well... I think he is the best thing that happened to the 200m because since Michael Johnson stopped to run te event it was almost forgotten by the meet promoters.
        I really believe that he can be as good as MJ as a 200/400 srinter, and I am sure that he will break the WJR this season.

Comment

"Usain Bolt will run 19.9 by this summer."

"I am sure that he will break the WJR this season."

And if he doesn't, he's a disappointment, a failure?

Do you see the problem with these statements? If he does, it's an 'I told you so' situation. If he doesn't, you look foolish (not to worry about that one too much, we all have on this board), and the pundits will begin to dissect his season to see 'what went wrong.' He's a great talent and we don't need to saddle him with expectations. Calling him the next MJ can only lead to disappointment. He's the new Bolt.

Comment

Bolt will be in the top 5 in Paris. He will be anywhere from first to fifth Period!

Comment

Since Bolt uses sheer power and speed coming off the 200M turn separating himself from his competitors, as described in the World Youth report of the Final. Why doesn't he try 100M as a test at the Junior Pan Am?. I heard he is just as devastating going that distance.

Comment

Well he ran 20.13 today at the Pan Am Jrs. So subtract the auto time differential and he did run a 19.9!!

Comment

as a yard man who did track in high school i am so
                  impressed with my parish youthman. world record
                  in the 200 and 400 is only a matter of time.
                  the bolt will be like lightening, you see me.
                  one love

Comment

As the man who started this thread I will reiterate. The sprint factory is again turning out another phenom. People who are doubting whether BOLT can run sub 20 will have their doubts put to rest when he competes in the world championship in Paris later in August. People who are waiting around to see what BOLT will be doing in a few years will be shocked to now that the school boy phenom will medal at the highest levels. YOU WILL BE STRUCT BY LIGHTENING!!!!

Gab the track guru.

Comment

Posted on: Mon Jun 30 04:54pm on Trackshark.com

Thanks for the information. Yes I personally expect bolt to run below 20.13 at the world championship hence breaking the 1985 world junior record set by Roy Martin. I expect this 16 year old class athlete to run below 20.00 at least once this summer. This is a tall order but talent is talent.
                      Gab

euane
                      Posted on: Tue Jul 01 01:27pm on Trackshark.com

Two sub 20.3 is incredible at 16. With more consistent running with other competitors at the level where other people ar running below the 20.3 seconds will onle do bolt good since he has not yet been tested. Leading up to the world championship we will start seeing times closer to 20.00 for Bolt or even a sub 20 before the summer is out

Gab

Comment

Some people did not like when I compare Usain Bolt to Michael Johnson but it was just to expose how good I think the he is going to be.
                        And, right now...after the things the he is doing, I believe that he is going to be problably the greatest 200/400 sprinter of all times.
                        So...Forget about MJ... Usain is going to show everybody how good he is

Comment

Michael Johnson was nearly 24 when he ran in (and won) his first world championship. He was nearly 29 when he ran his 19.32 and he was 33 when he won his last Olympic gold.

I can't get too worked up about what Bolt does in Paris, when he will still be a child (a very talented child, to be sure). What really excites me is the prospect of his continued improvement well into his '20's and a career that could extend to 2019, if he retires at the same age Johnson did. Paris? How about Helsinki, Osaka, and the six WC's after that? How about Beijing and at least two more Olympics after Athens?

Yes, he may not continue to improve. Yes, he may get injured. Yes, he may retire before MJ did for any number of reasons. But what if he does improve after age 16 the way most athletes do? To me, that thought is infinitely more worth getting excited about than his chances of beating a few of the old pros in Paris. Regardless of what he does this year, his future achievements should be much greater.

Comment

Remember three sub 20.3 is incredible at 16(one sub 20.2). With more consistent running with other competitors at the level where other people are running below the 20.2 seconds will only do Usain Bolt good since he has not yet been tested???. Leading up to the world championship we will start seeing times closer to 20.00 for Bolt when he is tested under such running conditions even a sub 20 before the summer is out is posiible. All that has happened in the last 48 hours is some of my predictions coming to past. The controversy will continue even when they all come to past. Do not be shocked if Bolt medals at the world championship and running sub 20.00. If Bolts do this then leading to the olympics next year we will have a different conversation.

Gab the Track Guru from the sprint Factory

Comment

He's not MJ, but he sure does have alot of potential. He could run 19.9 against some good competition or he could tighten up and not relax that last 100 which would hurt his time. He must not panic if another runner is with him coming off the turn into the straight away.

Comment

I personally Know the secret to Usain Bolt running as fast as he has been running. The secret is the 24 cornmeal dumplin, yellow yam, roast bread fruit, bammy, dasheen, and of course, horse tonic. Believe mi man, he's a country man and I'm pretty sure these are the type of food he's eating living in the country. Should they ban him from eating these foods? (voice your opinion, YES or NO)

Comment

Working...
                                X