Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Usain Bolt will run 19.9 by this summer

Just to expound on my predictions. These predictions concering Bolt running close to 20.00 closer to the Wolrd championship and at least one sub 20 seconds this summer is not based on mere excitement but it is based on following other phenoms from the sprint factory like merlene ottey. (just to recap before 1980 olympics Ottey was very much unknown on the world stage. With each individual round of the olympics she set an individual and Jamaqican national record because this was the first time she was facing these type of competitions at this level. She was ultimately onle beaten by the East Germans. The rest is history. The situtation with BOLT will be more remarkable but similar in terms of time improvement when faced with quality competition on a consistent basis. Bolt is untested in the 200 meters event to his true potential(he has won allmost without any competition). As soon as Lightening Bolt starts to run with people who will be capable of running 20.1 or 20.0 secs or sub 20.00 seconds, Bolt will then be extended to his full potential which will gravitate him towards the 20.00 or 19.9 mark. This will then confirm the shocking prediction!!!.
    If all doubtful Thomases are saying that he is not going to run this time then the reason for them saying this might be based on the fact that they do not think that there is any athlete out there now to run sub 20 in a field with Bolt at the world championship hence to provide the competition. If this is what they are saying then they are admitting that BOLT may very much be in the medal since I am saying that a fully tested BOLT can run 19.99 or about 1.3 meters ahead of his best time of 20.13 so far. REMEMBER HE IS NOT YET TESTED!!

Gab the track guru from the sprint factory

Comment

http://www.iaaf.org/news/Kind=2/newsId=22064.html

The link above shows an untest bolt running to 20.13 prior to lookin behind befor the finish.

Bolt equals World junior 200m record, as USA dominates Pan Am Junior Champs
      Monday 21 July 2003
      Bolt equals World Junior 200m record, as USA dominates Pan Am Junior Champs

21 July 2003 - Bridgetown, Barbados - The Jamaican sensation Usain Bolt, the reigning World Junior 200m champion equalled the World Junior record with a superb 20.13 performance, as the USA regained its overall supremacy in the 12th Pan American Junior Championships in Barbados National Stadium in Waterford, St. Michael.

Bolt, who will turn 17 on August 21, equalled the previous record time set by USA’s Roy Martin in 1985. The 1.95 tall athlete had already showed his potential this season when winning the National High School Champs in 20.25 in April, and added the World Youth title to his promising CV, with a 20.40 clocking on the 13 July in Sherbrooke, Canada.

With a neutral wind (0.0), Bolt led USA’s David Neville (20.63) and Brazil’s Jorge Celio Sena (20.70) home in a fast race in which three other men dipped under 21 seconds: USA’s Aaron Collins (20.83) US Virgin Islands’ Adrian Durant (20.83) and Netherland Antilles’ Churandy Martina (20.84), who had won the 100m the previous day.

Bolt also ran the final leg in the 4x100 relay team, which finished second with 39.40, behind the USA quartet, who clocked 39.29 to smash the championship record of 39.42, set by another USA squad in 1982.

The 200m World Junior record last belonged to Jamaica, when Don Quarrie ran 20.56 in the 1970 Edinburgh Commonwealth Games, and Bolt has certainly inherited the 1976 Olympic champion's sprinting mantle.

Gab the track Guru from the sprint factory.

Comment

People are starting to agree with this prediction under other threads.

Gab

Comment

With a few weeks to go befor the world championship an with the possibilty of even more fireworks from usain Bolt in one of the world's premier track and field events I just thought that I will bring the thread to the forefront for more responses.

Jamaica has produced phenominal sprinters over the years. Some of the fastest runners that ever ran was borned in this island of 2.7 million people(a place much smaller than lon island in NY.) Of all the sprinters that graced the beloved plannet earth none is as captivating as the island the young usain bolt. Bolt is almost With a few weeks to go before the world championship, and with the possibility of even more fireworks from Usain Bolt in one of the world's premier track and field events, I just thought that I will bring the thread to the forefront for more responses.

Jamaica has produced phenomenal sprinters over the years. Some of the fastest runners that ever ran were born on this small island of 2.7 million people Of all the sprinters from the “sprint factory” that graced the beloved planet earth ,none is as captivating as the island’s young Usain Bolt. Bolt is almost being held in “national treasure status”. The link below will show you at a "grass roots" level the humility of Usain Bolt, The adoring young fans, some of whom could be influenced to become future sprinters, and what it means to be a top sprinter from the place called the “sprint factory”. Best of luck to Usain Bolt his family, and extended family as the world hold its breath for less than 20 seconds in the upcoming world championship. See you all 2 weeks.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/htm ... T_BOLT.asp

gab

Comment

I`m confused by the story from the last post...in the story they talk about " Roy Martin ", the only teen super sprinter I know by that name was from Texas and was the son of Roy Martin who played for the Cowboys . In the story they make it sound like he came from Jamaica. Am I missing somthing? And the college`s mentioned in the story are 2 year school, or at least University of Technology is. I`m at a Div ll school that gets alot of it`s sprinters from U of Tech.

Comment

I made an error in saying he was the son of Roy Martin....I meant to say Harvey Martin, the heat is getting to my brain

Comment

look at Gatlin with competition this summer he is just an average fast guy, so to will be the fate of Bolt when he goes to the world champs....he will no longer be able to take advantage of the little fellows he has been running against all year long

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                  Michael Johnson was nearly 24 when he ran in (and won) his first world championship. He was nearly 29 when he ran his 19.32 and he was 33 when he won his last Olympic gold.

I can't get too worked up about what Bolt does in Paris, when he will still be a child (a very talented child, to be sure). What really excites me is the prospect of his continued improvement well into his '20's and a career that could extend to 2019, if he retires at the same age Johnson did. Paris? How about Helsinki, Osaka, and the six WC's after that? How about Beijing and at least two more Olympics after Athens?

Yes, he may not continue to improve. Yes, he may get injured. Yes, he may retire before MJ did for any number of reasons. But what if he does improve after age 16 the way most athletes do? To me, that thought is infinitely more worth getting excited about than his chances of beating a few of the old pros in Paris. Regardless of what he does this year, his future achievements should be much greater.
                  just checking in on some of these old bolt threads.

Comment

There was a lot of chatter about Bolt 4-5 years ago. We can't quite check every box for "Guest" -- Bolt isn't 6'8", and I don't think he's tried hurdling. But Guest was on to something, as were others like tandfman.

What is weird (or wierd, as it's spelled on the internet) is that the reality has turned out to be even more audacious than the predictions. I confess to not being a big Bolt fan, but that has nothing to do with his achievements or potential. If he seriously prepares for the 400, it would not surprise me if he skipped 42 altogether. :shock:

Comment

Hehe I remember talking to Bolt in 2001 when I was still taller than he.
                      We called him stargazer because he used to look up at the sky when he ran.
                      He was good then but the real transformation started in 2002 . Saw him at champs and had to be looking up into his face (I'm 6'1")
                      Knew then that he had a BIG future if he stayed injury free. I went to live and work in the UK in May 2002. Glimpsed him at Gibson 2003 (I wasn't going to spend my Birthday in Blackpool)
                      WJR 19.93 was the last time Bolt shocked me.
                      why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Originally posted by MJD
                        According to the following link, he DNS. His heat was embarrassing he was so superior to his competition. Maybe he went home.
                        Funny. I overheard someone making a similar comment at ICA after the 4x100m and future Olympic participation.

Comment

Originally posted by DentyCracker
                          Hehe I remember talking to Bolt in 2001 when I was still taller than he.
                          We called him stargazer because he used to look up at the sky when he ran.
                          He was good then but the real transformation started in 2002 . Saw him at champs and had to be looking up into his face (I'm 6'1")
                          Knew then that he had a BIG future if he stayed injury free. I went to live and work in the UK in May 2002. Glimpsed him at Gibson 2003 (I wasn't going to spend my Birthday in Blackpool)
                          WJR 19.93 was the last time Bolt shocked me.
                          That's cool, Denty. As they say, thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                          X