Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who Are All The No. 1s This Year?

I just got the women's rankings e-mail (Thank You). This time I DID read the intro: "we request that you not make it public until after we have done so on our website after the Xmas weekend" It will, therefore, be up on the Brand X board momentarily, and it was NOT satch who did it - he signed his name the first time. Oh well.

Comment

I believe GH typoed. WC should be WAF.

Comment

>Your case seems to be built exclusively about marks: as noted elsewhere, this
        >is (by far) the least important criterion in the Rankings. What part of Mbango
        >winning both the OG and WC did you not catch?

Additional info; Lebedeva was 7-2 while Mbango 4-2. Lebedeva's worst win was over 25th ranked by IAAF, (20th by distance indoors). Mbango's other 2 wins were against who??? distance by 2nd made no lists. I think Lebedeva was hurt this year by the TJ not being in the GP rotation. She was untouchable until the last two meets of the year. Was it because she doubled?

Comment

>Was it because she doubled?

Could be. But in the OG final, I got the overwhelming sense that Lebedeva was trying too damn hard. Normally in competitions (even in WICh) she is extremely relaxed and focused. There was never a moment in the OG final where she was in the lead (fouled in first round and 'only' 14.84 in 2nd round), so she was always in a 'chasing' position which no doubt unsettled her. She looked quite flustered and a bit too fired up for the last two rounds and her 2nd and 3rd phases of both jumps just fell apart. No way was that 15.14m an accurate representation of her ability that day, but the pressure got to her in the highest quality TJ final of all-time and she lost out.

I was happy that Mbango won the OG final, but I was surprised she got overall T&FN leader.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎