X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CoachKoby
    replied
    Re: Top Ten Facilities in U.S.

Hey Geoff, you're right about the downstairs area. I've been able to watch meets in that area because I officiate meets there.

Leave a comment:

• GeoffPietsch
    replied

Coach Koby: It's true if you sit at one of the ends in the O'Dome you see the side straights - and miss the turn underneath you. As for sitting downstairs, isn't that for athletes and coaches only? I've gone down there for low key meets, but it was my clear impression that that area was off-limits to spectators for big meets.

Leave a comment:

• 197hjsteve
    replied

Has Indianapolis disappeared ??!! Still a great facility. Check the track/field records from there !!

Leave a comment:

• RAP
    replied

I agree with the choice of Meyers stadium in Austin and also the stadium at LSU. Both are in the top 10 and probably in the top four. How can any current facility be any better than those two?

Leave a comment:

• Sage
    replied

CoachKoby
    UF is hosting the outdoor regionals in 2004.
    ...has applied for the NCAA Championships in the past.

Leave a comment:

• CoachKoby
    replied

Hey Geoff, have you tried sitting in the ends of the O Center instead of the sides? If so is that any better? You forgot to mention the great seating for the LJ/TJ/PV and the hammer on the lower level. Of course the participating teams usually take up most of those seats.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

No none has mentioned the new facility at the University of Texas at Austin. Meyer Stadium has all the field events right in front with the hammer just outside, but feasible inside if safe. A nine lane track with 20,000 seats right on the track side. The Big-12 was there this year and the NCAA next year giving the facility needed national exposure. The phenomenal Texas High School State Meet moved there a few years ago along with the Texas Relays. While the livestock grazing nearby is not as visible at at Mt. SAC, ist's easy enough to visit the Lyndon Johnson Library across the steet. Mark down Texas as a top 10 with Hayward Field and Edwards Stadium.

Leave a comment:

• GeoffPietsch
    replied

Concerning UF in Gainesville:
    The indoor facility may be great for the ahletes but it's lousy for spectators unless you are in the front row - since all seating is in the upper stands/balcony. If you are back a few rows you can't see the outside lanes on the side of the track you are sitting on. Thus it is NOT a good site for NCAAs.
    The outdoor facilites are good, but Gainesville, like other southeastern stadiums, is terrible for distance runners in June. The frequent late afternoon and evening thunderstorms are, relatively, just a nuisance. But the heat and humidity are incessant - except while the lightning is flashing.
    Nevertheless, since I live only a mile from the O'Dome (the indoor facility) and the track, I'm glad that no one is likely to pay any attention to me. I love seeing great meets in my own backyard even when they don't belong there.

Leave a comment:

• Sage
    replied

Been waitin' for that one, Yentl.
    ...want an invite!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Shortly, I'll be announcing the wedding plans of Sage and CoachKoby

Leave a comment:

• Sage
    replied

The men's 4 x 400 killed us in the outdoor NCs and indoor SECs; also need some major consistency in the vault and a few other areas. Talent is there. High jump should be solid again with the addition of Morrison and the anticipated return of the SEC Champ and national indoor leader, Joe Squittieri

Leave a comment:

• CoachKoby
    replied

They came close this year. In a year or two watch out for the GATORS!

Leave a comment:

• CoachKoby
    replied

True, I'm sure they are but Gainesville needs to host the NCAA's. Like how LSU arranges it's infield.

Leave a comment:

• Sage
    replied

...not sure, Coach, but I'll try to find out from one of their coaches and get back to you...would like to see our young men's and women's teams compete for the national title when they're seasoned and ready to roll...been fun talkin' with you. Go Gators!

Leave a comment:

• waynehobley
    replied

LSU's indoor and outdoor facilities are great.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X