Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Graham's got no place to go...

I've read messages on this board for about 9 months. This one I finally had to "get in" on. The really interesting part of this to me, is the fact that this whole sprint capitol "entity" is touted as a "professional group" with a "professional coach". To me, the word professional implies I'm about my business, and taking care of all that's required to do so. Wether it be signing waivers, paying rental fees, or whatever. I can't think of a single professional (non-charitable) entity that doesn't take care of it's own. Cowboys? Lakers? Raleigh Cougars (if they're still around)? If I'm somehow responsible or involved in a profession that creates millionaires, shouldn't I have the business sense to make sure I've got somewhere to practice my craft. This is even more ridiculous when one considers that whatever the fee is, could have probably been avoided, with a little PR, some community relations, and perhaps a commerical spot or two in the name of NCSU. Oh well, there's always CARY academy, OOps I'm sorry, they'd probably have to pay to work out there too.

Comment

Old news, but it seems to have had some effect on Gatlin's early season form...

http://www.iaaf.org/GP05/news/Kind=2/newsId=29342.html

Gatlin arrived in Qatar following a season’s opener in Osaka, winning in 10.15 last weekend. “I should improve on my timing from here on,” said Gatlin. “I missed out on training in the beginning of the season, we had to find a new track, and it took us two months, which was disappointing, I had to train on grass.”

Comment

He couldn't find a track? Please.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍