Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey, "tafnut"

AJ lost to Garcia today, both getting 13.13 in a photo finish. I declare Garcia a "lock" for that 110s now, whaddya think?

Re: Hey,

Thank you! Now AJ's victory in Paris will be that much sweeter. Locked and loaded.

Comment

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get a large part of the American public to talk about this great match-up and to anticipate and look forward to the race in Paris as much as we are. The sad thing is that nobody seems to think this is their job. Not NBC, not USATF, not the IAAF, not the athletes themselves. If they did, they'd be making sure that all the major sports editors understood how exciting and significant this race will be. And somebody would write about it.

Don't hold your breath.

Comment

I never thought about it before, but being a track fan is a lot like it was being a track athlete (such that I was). You have to create your own motivation and enthusism, cuz there sure isn't much hype going on. You revel in the small things as much as the big ones. You live in anonymity, as the rest of the world shares in the lastest wonderstar (LeBron James, much?) news. You have no one (except message boards) with whom to discuss this intelligently (so to speak). Don't you know that people like AJ (obviosly one of my favorites) have to chafe at their 'lot,' while still getting immense satisfaction in what they're doing. I've been following T&F closely since my freshman year in college (Stone Ages) and it has always brought me joy.

Comment

Oops, I think I may be a unwitting victim of old results syndrome.

Comment

I don't get it, but I think that's a cheap shot at my senility.

Comment

Aw, shit. You're right, Wow. You were looking at last year's Rethymno results. And tafnut didn't pick up on it and neither did I.

Help us, Boardmaster. Pull this thread before someone comes and carries all of us blitherers away.

Comment

Someone posted them somewhere else and I took them at face value ... no, tafnut, had nothing to do with your senility ... more like mine!

Comment

I hate to blame our host for the problem, but I know there was a point over the weekend when, if you clicked on the T&FN results link for that meet, you got the web page for last year's meet. Perhaps that's where you went astray.

Comment

Perhaps, though if you asked my wife, she'd say I went astray quite some time ago.

Comment

Working...
                    X