Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kederis Vows a Return to Action

from home-page link

"I will return to action as soon as they let me. I think everything will work out," Kenteris said.

Yes, I'm sure all is forgiven, KK.

Re: Kederis Vows a Return to Action

tafnut.. are we to think that his cocktails were that much different than the rest of the lot?.. Im not defending him.. but I find it hard to believe that his regime was extraordinary...
    or was it?
    ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

>tafnut.. are we to think that his cocktails were that much different than the>rest of the lot?<<

Prolly not (though many ARE clean . . . now). But it was his hubris that set him apart.

Comment

and what times do you suppose the ones that ARE clean are running the 100 and 200 in?
        ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

Comment

>and what times do you suppose the ones that ARE clean are running the 100 and>200 in?<

Homey doan play dat game.

Comment

10.5, 21 flat....LOL...

Comment

>>and what times do you suppose the ones that ARE clean are running the 100
              >and>200 in?<

Homey doan play dat game.

Thanks for this reply tafnut! Gave me a good laugh. (Of course I had one just a bit earlier when I read KK's quote in that news release...)

Comment

"But it was his hubris that set him apart."

YES! He is (or was) a puffed up/beefed up little rooster of a man who preened and strutted only in a carefully orchestrated zone of safety. He hardly ran races on the circuit at all--he appeared in public less often than Bigfoot. I could go on, but I think my...to put it politely...disdain is fairly apparent. Good riddance!!!

Comment

I like KK is one of my heros and nobody and nothing will take that away..It is to be childhish to consider the rest of the 200m winners in the last decade cleaner than him........He appears less in public because he wants to keep as fresh as he can for the top meetings....he is aware he may not be as talented as the rest but if he does his grueling practices and stays fresh he may destroy the field...and boy he did....Cheers to him

Comment

.. Let me say that 20flat or just under that on the best tracks at sea-level is probably all that the human body is capable of.... since tommie smith needed altitude and a nice wind just to do that... Kenteris did not have the talent of a Gatlin or Crawford or Greene, and certainly not the weknowhewascleanTommie.... he cheated to get to 20flat.... whether any others cheated to get much lower... well ... Homies, Ill recognize the wisdom of tafnuts response.

Comment

>.. Let me say that 20flat or just under that on the best tracks at sea-level is
                      >probably all that the human body is capable of.... since tommie smith needed
                      >altitude and a nice wind just to do that...>>

Nah! Smith never had the advantage of being able to train year-round for several years and being paid handsomely to do so. Nor did he run on a modern wide-radius track or on today's Mondo with today's shoes. The technological advances alone are easily worth a couple of 10ths since his era.

Comment

alright.. I agree, I needed to calibrate a little better... and shame on me as I have made a reputation as a stickler for giving the oldtimers their due. However you scale it though, it is a good start... but I have yet to see his equal in the 2.

But coming from the guy that has often here treated cinder times as todays Im glad to see you come around that tight corner.

Comment

>I like KK is one of my heros and nobody and nothing will take that away..It is
                          >to be childhish to consider the rest of the 200m winners in the last decade
                          >cleaner than him........He appears less in public because he wants to keep as
                          >fresh as he can for the top meetings....he is aware he may not be as talented
                          >as the rest but if he does his grueling practices and stays fresh he may
                          >destroy the field...and boy he did....Cheers to him

Funniest thing I've read in years! Post again when you've got your head out of the sand. Or from under a motorbike.

Comment

>>I like KK is one of my heros and nobody and nothing will take that away..It
                            >is
                            >to be childhish to consider the rest of the 200m winners in the last
                            >decade
                            >cleaner than him........He appears less in public because he wants to
                            >keep as
                            >fresh as he can for the top meetings....he is aware he may not be as
                            >talented
                            >as the rest but if he does his grueling practices and stays fresh he
                            >may
                            >destroy the field...and boy he did....Cheers to him

Funniest thing
                            >I've read in years! Post again when you've got your head out of the sand. Or
                            >from under a motorbike.

pls develop....

Comment

By the way in his regular shape he would have won this WC title,and if u continue bs about him again using drugs,,I willl start telling the truth about Gatlin,Crawford and their good old coach Graham....
                              Pls look in your own yard before making dumb comments..half of US team got disqualifiued for engineered drug use...and th other half got cought with illegal drugs in their system at some point in time....
                              Ok???Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X