Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding Top Speed

After reviewing the videos linked on the Kratochvilova thread I was stricken by one common trait. The known dopers were able to hold top speed longer than the others in the race. Of note are the 10m splits for Ben's 100m record. I seem to recall that he held his top speed longer than his competitors (i.e., beyond the 60m mark).

I only mention this in that it seems to me PEDs not only allow the user to get the "most" out of his system, but they forestall the onset of fatigue. Arguably, this particular effect might be more important than getting the maximum speed to top out.

Re: Holding Top Speed

... remember now, just when Ben was hitting the big time people seemed to say he faded - only good in the first half of the race. However he managed to rectify this shortcomming quickly - indication that the stuff not only helps achieve results from training quickly but also helps 'holding top speed' as you say.

Muscular strength gained. And resistance to fatigue gained (some sort of strength/speed endurance).

Comment

Re: Holding Top Speed

Originally posted by Kevin
      After reviewing the videos linked on the Kratochvilova thread I was stricken by one common trait. The known dopers were able to hold top speed longer than the others in the race. Of note are the 10m splits for Ben's 100m record. I seem to recall that he held his top speed longer than his competitors (i.e., beyond the 60m mark).

I only mention this in that it seems to me PEDs not only allow the user to get the "most" out of his system, but they forestall the onset of fatigue. Arguably, this particular effect might be more important than getting the maximum speed to top out.
      Certainly the juice had a positive effect on his training and speed(in a indirect sense) but much more in aiding him to recover from high intensity sprints/wts./med ball throws etc. This recovery allowed him to improve his accelerative capacity and rate. These factors, in part, contributed to BJ achieving a higher max. velocity(than previous races/years) so even when he did slow down, he was doing so from a higher peak and hitting the peak velocity later in the race.

Comment

Working...
      X