Clear All

• Bill Bans Dietary Supplements For HS Athletes In Cali

Ahnold signs it.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f ... F4LFO1.DTL

"Ridiculous" and "stupid" come to mind.

But then again, so does "politics".

Comment

Let's just throw out the baby with the bath water

It has long been known that strenuous exercise causes signifncant bodily losses of nutrients and increases their requirements. This bill makes no sense. Prohormones have already been banned by all sports and reclassified as illegal substances to sell or be in possession of. In short, the sports nutrition products that were on the market with possible adverse health risks associated have already been removed. Young as well as older athletes need to be able to conveniently replenish their body stores of the nutrients needed to atleast provide a normal rate of recovery from training. This bill is basically an attempt to kill a mosquito with a howser. Next they will be going after Flintstone vitamins for kids. Enough already.

Comment

Re: Let's just throw out the baby with the bath water

Originally posted by accelerator
        It has long been known that strenuous exercise causes signifncant bodily losses of nutrients and increases their requirements. This bill makes no sense. Prohormones have already been banned by all sports and reclassified as illegal substances to sell or be in possession of. In short, the sports nutrition products that were on the market with possible adverse health risks associated have already been removed. Young as well as older athletes need to be able to conveniently replenish their body stores of the nutrients needed to atleast provide a normal rate of recovery from training. This bill is basically an attempt to kill a mosquito with a howser. Next they will be going after Flintstone vitamins for kids. Enough already.

Honestly, depending on what they consider "supplements", they might as well ban all food items as well.

Protein powders, commonly considered "supplements", are nothing more than the powder equivalent of a chicken breast. The main difference being that bulk protein powder is MUCH MUCH cheaper, and can be absorbed by the body "quicker" after workouts.

A friend of one of my old roommates was over at our place last year, and he saw I had a tub of whey sitting on the counter. He was like "is that muscle stuff yours?", and I told him it was. He then asked, "what does it do???", so I told him, "about the same thing a piece of chicken does."

He had the most confused look on his face.

Comment

Working...
        X