Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judge: Giving Performance-enhancing Drugs Violates Wire Act

A United States District Court Judge ruled on January 27 that giving competing horses performance-enhancing drugs qualifies as conspiracy to commit wire fraud.

Why doesn:t the USA prosesucute its postitive-test athletes the way Italy does - in a court with criminal implications? Would this deter some - if not most?

Story

The last thing this country needs is the feds sticking their noses into more pies. They've got far more important fish to fry than to care about what a small group of athletes are doing to themselves. The horse racing is a big deal because it represents monstrous amounts of money and interstate commerce.

Comment

On a somewhat related note, note that IOC will do Torino testing after all, not the Italians

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 003&sc=775

Comment

Originally posted by gh
        The horse racing is a big deal because it represents monstrous amounts of money and interstate commerce.
        Ah, yes, but wouldn't it be nice if the same could be said about track and field?

(For the record, even then, I would not want the Feds involved in this stuff any more than necessary.)

Comment

But are not these athletes committing felony crimes across state lines? International lines? Swindling money.

Comment

Relatively speaking, an insigificant amount of money and so few people that it's not worth the time.

Comment

Also, the horses did not chose to take it. I think that there are laws on what can be administered that make this application different. If you had cocaine being delivered as a PED, it would be criminal conspiracy..

Comment

Dieter Baumann didn:t choose to take it, either.

Comment

Right the next time I use my Crest I will make sure the package isn't tampered with, otherwise I may turn green........ :lol:

Comment

Working...
                  X