Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interesting comments on Kelli, UT perspective

How many of you find it ironic that Kelli tested positive(supposedly) in France? Didn't she have some kind of positive there last year or the year before? Something smells! Isn't it funny that she has never tested positive anywhere else? Plus if they strip her of her 200 gold after she tested negative they have no guts or balls.

Comment

"they have no guts or balls."

We ARE talking about the French, aren't we? Doh!

Comment

Re: Kelli White's 200m test sample....

>>I think it
        >clearly demonstartes that drug
        >testing is merely
        >a craps shoot.

In other
        >words, a negative means nothing as far as whether
        >or not an athlete is on drugs.>

Eggsactly.

Which is why the testing is a waste of time.

Comment

Thank you, Michael Lewis. Yes, I AM accusing the IAAF of blatant hypocrisy in their apparent unwillingness to not address there own backyard with the PROVEN drug use in the DDR during the '60-'80s. Anyone ever heard of State Plan 1425???? A big expose was done on a major US media outlet a few years ago. I still have a copy of it. I've also read umpteen zillion newsbriefs of the trials that went on during the '90s of former DDR officials who administered steroids to CHILDREN as young as 11-12. Many women's lives have been permanently damaged by these officials. Does the IAAF say a word publicly???? HELL NO! It would upset their little applecart if the true history of MASSIVE, STATE-SPONSORED drug use were to become widely known throughout the general public. It would cause sponsors to ditch their little sponsorship deals. The sport, particularly in Europe, would tank if the IAAF were to publicly reveal what they know, when they knew it, and the pervasiveness of drug use for decades throughout all countries, particularly those in Europe where state-sponsored programs have been common in the past few decades.

The words TRUTH and IAAF should never, NEVER be used in the same sentence together unless to point out that the IAAF knows the TRUTH but will never reveal the TRUTH. Damned hypocrites. I spit on them.

Kurt

Comment

Hey Kurt, what are you taking to stimulate saliva production?---You've been doing a lot of spitting lately!

...just kidding ))

Comment

Natural hormones, man, natural hormones

Comment

>How many of you find it ironic that Kelli tested >positive(supposedly) in France? Didn't she have >some kind of positive there last year or the >year before? Something smells!

I find it more interesting that she tested positive for a substance which, when mixed with the more recent "non-banned" positive, will allegedly produce overstimulation of the central nervous system.

Comment

>I find it
                  >more interesting that she tested positive for a
                  >substance which, when mixed with the more recent
                  >"non-banned" positive, will allegedly produce
                  >overstimulation of the central nervous
                  >system.

I think that we may have just have hit on the key here. Didn't somone once say that the chemists will alwys be able to stay ahead of the testers?

Comment

Hey Kurt I'd love to get a copy of that from you if you'd be willing. Let me know and maybe we could exchange emails and/or numbers.

Thanks

Comment

>according to the report it was given to
                      >her by a doctor (they even included his name and
                      >i am sure he is not happy about that due to
                      >confidentiality issues

The privilege protects the PATIENT not the doctor
                      and it would appear that she waived that privilege. This guy and his "research" is allegedly at the centre of this so let's shine a little light on him. Unless, of course, she is not telling the truth.

Comment

The reason IAAF haven't said much about former DDR's records are because they were done in the past and not now, I guess they don't want to bring attention to the fact that so many top-athletes were using drugs.

Regarding the white issue, the thing with the stimulant (or non-stimulant) is that whether or not she needed it (i.e got a doctor to provide her with the drugs) she still had the drug in her system when she ran the race which may have given her an advantage over the other sprinters no matter how small.
                        Would people accept someone who took 'just a pinch' of steroids to improve the time but he/she would have won anyway?

Regarding the possibility of several different supplements mixing and enhancing eachother. It is a truly frightening prospect since then drug-testing would be increadibly much harder to control when you have to double check all possible combinations and some of the supplements might even be legal. That increases the chance of getting away with drugs and would probably lead to a higher number of cheaters =(

Enough ramblings for now.

Comment

"they don't want to bring attention to the fact that so many top-athletes were using drugs."

Precisely. A couple of comments:

1- If it's wrong it's wrong and the fact that it is wrong does not somehow mysteriously fade with time.

2- They haven't applied their interpretation of the rules consistently. Some athletes testified a year after Seoul in a Canadian inquiry into doping in sport, specifically Angella Issajenko, and she lost her world indoor 50m record, World Indoor Champs silver medal at 60m, and her name was stricken from IAAF championship results. DDR javelin thrower Ruth Fuchs admitted she used steroids and said she was not sorry, she wanted to win and she wasn't stupid she was going to do what was necessary. I imagine her gold medals are still in her home in Germany.

The IAAF is a joke and not a funny one.

Comment

yeah...they got our lead-off leg on the me's team and our anchor leg on the women's team! very interesting............

Comment

>This morning's L.A. TImes quoted White as saying
                              >that she DID list a whole slew of stuff on the
                              >declaration form- a veritable warehouse of
                              >supplements and you-name-its.

Here's what else she said along those lines:

"Because it is not a medication I take every single day. … Because I took it so early in the day, I never thought to list it. After a competition, it hard to remember everything you've taken in a day."

Most people have that problem.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/olympics ... robe_x.htm

Comment

"After a competition, its hard to remember everything you've taken in a day."

IF the list is *that* long (!), she should at least write it down somewhere (unless others shouldn't read it).

Comment

Working...
                                X