Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Interesting comments on Kelli, UT perspective

If they classify this substance as a "stimulant," wouldn't it still be legal except in a certain concentration, like caffeine? And the IAAF will have to tell us what concentration is illegal, and what the concentration in her sample was.

Unless it's just a railroading and she is guilty of "running while American."

Comment

Re: Kelli White's 200m test sample....

I have really been trying not to hate on Kelli White. She is a powerful runner with great potential, but when I look at all the possible reasons this could have happened, I come back to the same sad conclusion:

SHE DIDN'T DECLARE THE MEDICATION ON HER DOPING FORM.

Now I'm no world class athlete, although I do have fun dreaming about what could have been, but if this is a family condition that caused her to seek and review all medical options, don't you think she would have listed it on her doping form?
      And if the medication is to prevent her from falling asleep in the blocks, then I think she'd remember taking it. It's also suspicious that it is only to be taken on an "as needed" basis. What's up with that? Now a wise track and field man explained to me that it's possible that it might be prescribed for those times when you want to be sure you don't fall asleep...which explains why she'd take it the morning of the big race. But it still doesn't explain why she didn't tell anybody about it.

It just makes me suspicious and I am a conspiracy theorist as it is. I do concede however that my theory has no merit if they're out to get her.

Comment

> I do concede however that my theory has no
        > merit if they're out to get her.

Isn't that another conspiracy theory, then?

It seems that White and her troupe have a convenient "on the level" and pharmacologically sound excuse for why something happened WHENEVER THEY ARE CALLED ON IT!

Any world class athlete who pops a pill right before stepping on the track -- ESPECIALLY IF IT IS A STIMULANT AND THE RACE IS THE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP FINAL! -- knows damn well that they have to notify the testers! What bullshit to claim ignorance of the testing procedures!

Why are the French responsible for the stupidity of American athletes?

Comment

I personally know Kelly White . Her mother is one of my best freinds. Thus, knowing Kellys' character she would never knowingly do anything to undermine her chances of being the World Class athlete that she is. Please do not judge her!!!

Comment

>I personally know Kelly White . Her mother is one
            >of my best freinds. Thus, knowing Kellys'
            >character she would never knowingly do anything
            >to undermine her chances of being the World Class
            >athlete that she is. Please do not judge her!!!

Nikki, if you know her so well, why do you spell her name incorrectly?

Comment

I fully agree with you! There are to many American athletes poppin pills and powders. It almost takes the sport out of sports

Comment

russjd you are right !
                it is all about politics and it is not cool to be an american right now in europe !

Comment

>I personally know Kelly White . Her mother is one
                  >of my best freinds. Thus, knowing Kellys'
                  >character she would never knowingly do anything
                  >to undermine her chances of being the World Class
                  >athlete that she is. Please do not judge her!!!
                  I had heard that one of her parents' names is Willie White. I'd really like to know, is this her Mother or her father? Does she have any relation to a woman athlete, Willie White, former USA stellar long-jumper, who went to Tennessee State approx. 1960?

Comment

for kw geneology check it out on the historical message board. search kelli white

Comment

I believe that lady HJ'er way back when spelled her name differently. Not at home so I can't look it up. Something like Whyte, and/or the Willie was weird too.

Comment

Not that I'd put much money on CBC announcers for being track authorities, but they claimed Kelli's mother was Jamaican-born.

Comment

Willie is Kellie's father. A great sprinter.

You are all so unkind. Kellie is going through her asthmatic-narcoleptic phase. It makes it tough to remember the rules.

What a bunch of excuse monkeys.

Comment

Her mother Debbie Byfield was on the Jamaican sprint relay team in Munich I believe
                            why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

>Not that I'd put much money on CBC announcers for
                              >being track authorities...

Compared to whom exactly?? All of you people just have to turn to page 23 of the August TFN. Parentage is detailed.

Comment

Some people don't subscribe, including myself. I am living in the UK now but lived in Jamaica up to last year and will likely return home next year after Greece. I used to buy T&F news regularly at home but haven't since I have been able to get results quicker on the net. With the advent of eT&Fnews I may consider subscribing.
                                why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Working...
                                X