Toth alleged to be positve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toth alleged to be positve

"U.S. shot put champion Kevin Toth is among those who have tested positive, according to sources with knowledge of the investigation. Toth could not be reached for comment yesterday; his wife, reached at their home, declined to comment."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/wp-dy ... ge=printer

Re: Toth alleged to be positve

Our sport is a mess.

Comment

since we actually test and it is a mess imagine what non-testing sports are like!

Comment

>"U.S. shot put champion Kevin Toth is among
        >those who have tested positive, according to
        >sources with knowledge of the investigation.

While I was at Kent State, Toth trained there (and still does according to one of my old teammates there) all the time. If this all holds to be true, it would be a slap in the face to all of us who witnessed his teachings and techniques for all of the student-athletes there. We all looked up to the guy who would train with the throwers daily. I guess we'll wait for his word...

Comment

Victor Conte: "As many will soon find out, the world of track and field is a very dirty business and this goes far beyond just the coaches and athletes."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... Oct16.html

Comment

>Victor Conte: "As many will soon find out, the
            >world of track and field is a very dirty business
            >and this goes far beyond just the coaches and
            >athletes."
            >

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/
            >37329-2003Oct16.html

Same article as at the top which I don't think requires registration. Not that Conte has all that much credibility but where have we heard that before? Funny thing is that it isn't even being discussed on his site. Old news I guess.

Comment

All of the people listed as being clients under BALCO have been somewhat suspected as taking steroids. Does anyone deny that they thought Romanowski was on steroids? Also, I don't know how Bonds can escape this unscathed. Even his own trainer was investigated and raided. All sports should instigate comprehensive drug testing. There's absolutely no excuse not to have it.

Comment

Mr.Editor why can we post uncertain remarks about other Pro-Athletes like B.Bond & Romo, but as soon as a former world class T & F athlete is mention the post is removed? M.J......M.G........T.M.......?????????

Comment

Is Kevin Toth not an athlete? Why is his name being dragged through the mud about Steriod Accucations??And what about Barry Bonds and Bill Romo....I think those posts with there names need to be removed. If we can't say things about M.J. etc than why can things about those players been allowed on the board????Hypo's!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: Toth alleged to be positive

>Is Kevin Toth not an athlete? Why is his name
                    >being dragged through the mud about Steriod
                    >Accucations??And what about Barry Bonds and Bill
                    >Romo....I think those posts with there names need
                    >to be removed. If we can't say things about M.J.
                    >etc than why can things about those players been
                    >allowed on the board????Hypo's!!!!!!!!!!

I thought about that before I posted it(particularly since I think my first post deletion was the night before) and I suspect that Ben considered it. The reason that I posted it is because the Washington Post is a reputable newspaper and wouldn't have printed the name unless they were damn sure they had the goods. Keep in mind that we still don't know who deepthroat is. I note that I spelled "positive" wrong in the subject line. Another request for the edit function Ben:-).

Comment

Washington Post///////////New York Post/////they all can say whatever and hire whoever but just because you read it in the Newspaper that doesn't make it the Law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

>Washington Post///////////New York Post/////they
                        >all can say whatever and hire whoever but just
                        >because you read it in the Newspaper that doesn't
                        >make it the Law!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually if you are going to compare a NY paper to a Washington paper, the more accurate comparison would be to the grey lady. You missed my point. The decision was whether or not it was an appropriate post according to the guidelines(which I note Ben had to remind you of) and I decided it was given the credibility of the Washington Post. I am assuming that the powers that be(who are hardly communist btw) around here likely agreed since the thread still remains. They may however just be busy keeping an eye on you and may get to me later. I don't know. I guess we'll see if Toth sues and what eventually comes out about it.

Comment

there's gonna be hell to pay for sure, you can bet on that. Can you say "busted"?

Comment

>there's gonna be hell to pay for sure, you can
                            >bet on that. Can you say "busted"?

Given your last post, I would imagine I'm not the only one who is not sure just what you are talking about.

Comment

Well that's that then. I guess the Washington Post had it wrong and it's time to delete the thread.

"I've never even heard of it," Toth told TPR this afternoon, when asked about the substance at the center of the USADA's announcement yesterday. Stunned by the accusation, Toth, who finished fourth at August's World Track & Field Championships in Paris, wouldn't offer any additional comment, but said that he will issue a statement early next week that he said will "spell the whole thing out."

http://www.trackprofile.com/tpr68.html

Comment

Working...
                              X