Admit it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admit it

Admit it ... someone you know and trust offers you a drug that is completely unknown by testing authorities and can drastically improve your performance. you know for a fact somewhere someone in your event is taking some sort of prohibited substance to cheat you out of your honest hard work and effort. can you honestly tell me that none of you would take this opportunity? and if you can, you are either an extremely moral and decent person who gets taken advantage of, or you dont know what it means to want something that bad. dont get me wrong, im an advocate of drug free competition, but thats what this sport has come to. its not often the most talented, dedicated, best athlete that wins anymore. its the most desperate. and nothing that the usada or usatf can do is going to change that. i just think that thinking of these people as immoral "evil" people is completely off base. 90% of you would probably do the same.

Re: Admit it

Well you just won 'most irresponsible post of the year' award and I hope it's yanked. In the midst of one of track's worst drug crises to rationalize cheating shows YOUR immorality.

Comment

Hell, for years I've thought it's more than 90% of the top people in certain events. I think American and most European distance runners are clean, or close to it, because they endure the threat of true spot tests without big shoe money etc. to help 'cover' them if there is a foul up. Sprinters, well look at TV coverage. Look at the US officials who knowlingly cover up for them - and have been covering for them for over two decades as it turns out. Distance running has gotten out of hand with certain individuals able to 'experiment' once they went to regions where spot tests are almost impossible (oh, so and so is in another village, they don't have phones - or - the call comes in, and the athletes disappear - sorry, they're out of town, they're in another country, etc). The result is a Frankenstein situation that is let continue or even more officials will be found to be complicit in hiding facts.

Yep, admit it. Track is dirty. But, the US did their best to cover sprinters just as dirty, or even dirtier than the E. Block athletes that 'roid filled Americans used to point their fingers at. Sure, the Africans are pristine. As long as PC - and Nike - reign.

The best sport was ruined, and has gone down the tubes at the world level. That's what everyone should admit.

Comment

wow, two of the stupidest posts ever in one short thread. Way to go, guy(s).

Comment

>wow, two of the stupidest posts ever in one short
          >thread. Way to go, guy(s).

You must be referring to your ignorant, out of touch with reality tomes. ; )

Comment

When 'giving in' to the reality of drugs is the norm, I shall be judged a lunatic. Be very careful which side of this issue you wish to align yourself. Your character is in the balance. I am very comfortable in my choice.

Comment

I think the guy is right regarding who is using what, and how dirty most events are.

Comment

tn - if you dont think drug usage is a "reality" in track and field I have to question how closely you are tied to the sport. and for you to refer as theses posts as "stupid" just reflect on the reason this message board is even here. There is and never will be any end to this. there will always be cheaters because there will always be temptation for those who want to be on top and bear the risk of getting caught. it is a FACT. im sorry i dont share your out-of-touch, utopian ideals about the sport, i wish i had the ability to be that naïve. my post was not "irresponsible", it was a good depiction of the basic catalyst for this entire crisis.

Comment

Of course there are drugs in track!! But I have a huge problem with rationalizing that any NORMAL PERSON would use them. The operative quote is: "90% of you would probably do the same."

90% pretty much covers EVERYONE, doesn't it? You would have to be very ABNORMAL to make it in the 10% that wouldn't use them.

If you really believe that, you live in a very dark world and I pity you.

Comment

<Of course there are drugs in track!! But I have a huge problem with rationalizing that any NORMAL PERSON would use them. The operative quote is: "90% of you would probably do the same."
                    90% pretty much covers EVERYONE, doesn't it? You would have to be very ABNORMAL to make it in the 10% that wouldn't use them.
                    If you really believe that, you live in a very dark world and I pity you.>

I dont care what you have a problem with. You are hopelessly naive. To define people as normal or abnormal in respect to their use of banned substances in track is ridiculous. there are upwards of 40 people that may be accused of some kind of drug violation in respect to this crisis. do you think that this is the extent of the drug use??? thats just for one or two substances!!

“If you really believe that, you live in a very dark world and I pity you”

oh, and lets try to limit the melodrama.

Comment

"To define people as normal or abnormal in respect to their use of banned substances in track is ridiculous"

What part of that did you not understand? The statement was that 90% of 'you' i.e., ANYONE, would take drugs. And you stand by that?! and my 'dark' comment is hardly melodramatic; it is a very real reaction to one of the most cynical statemnets I have EVER read. You are saying that 90% of ALL people are basically immoral. That is indeed a VERY dark world.

Comment

There are two things I don’t understand. One, how you think that just because an athlete doesn’t get caught they are automatically innocent. And two, why you have so much faith in a sport that has proven its corrupt nature. Forget about whatever percent you or I think is dirty. Do you really think that these offenders think that doping is immoral in this sport? At first, sure i bet most of them did. But after a while of getting their asses kicked, they get realistic, and this scandal is the result.

Comment

Since I said none of these things, I wonder what your point is. On the other hand, you have not yet answered my question about your quote. In the future, please respond to what I say, not what you think I meant. That's why I have always quoted you.

Comment

and btw, since this has devolved into a two-way pissing match with no discernible benefit (which was the point of my original post), I'm sure it will get deleted Monday morning, as it should. The end.

Comment

Track is dirty, it will always be dirty, there is nothing that anyone or any agencies can do about it, there will always be athletes who will pay good money to beat the system, I mean come on, if someone is willing to pay 3,000,000 to build a special house for runners to train , no telling what someone would spend for ways to beat a drug test (chemical labs)

Comment

Working...
                              X