Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Related substances, and contaminated supplements

This rule is so wide open and it is - to my opinion - extremely difficult to recognize what is related and what not to a banned drug for the majority of athletes. besides How would someone know if in his supplement he take there is a drug inside that is not listed on the label and then gets busted for it. According to the IAAF Antidoping rules athletes are responsible for what is found in their body. This isn't right.

Any comments ?

Re: Related substances, and contaminated supplements

If I'm not mistaken you can just contact USATF and ask! Why take a chance?

Comment

If you don't know that it's legal, Just Say No, fool!

Comment

I had a high school teacher who gave me a pretty good piece of advice about public acts (public speaking, protesting, etc.). And when you're a world class athlete putting supplements into your body is a public act. His advice, "when in doubt... don't."

He also had another bit of advice about doing something you have doubts over, "do it, and I'll burn you."

Handy things to remember in life.

Comment

Well, you all sound so smart but you probably have no clue what's going on in the real world. Your teacher at school and the silly advices you all give here are useless out there.

I tell you why:

You walk into GNC and you buy a pure innocent sport supplement which as written on its label is ok to take if you are an athlete. Let's speculate that it is in purpose contaminated with traces of a prohormone which is able to give you a possitive doping result. So would it be fair to be guilty for it?

And this is only one example.

Comment

"Let's speculate that it is in purpose contaminated with traces of a prohormone which is able to give you a possitive doping result. So would it be fair to be guilty for it?"

Yes - and the athlete would be a dumb-ass for taking it w/o thoughly checking it out first. The "I'm a dumb-ass" excuse doesn't fly anymore.

Comment

You walk into GNC and you buy a pure
              >innocent sport supplement which as written on its
              >label is ok to take if you are an athlete. Let's
              >speculate that it is in purpose contaminated with
              >traces of a prohormone which is able to give you
              >a possitive doping result. So would it be fair to
              >be guilty for it?

How about if you look at a broader picture, such as that not every country is the US, whose FDA does not presently regulate much the supplement industry (therefore abetting those companies who "contaminate" their supplements). Other countries have better control over those types of products. For that matter, how does a "pure innocent" supplement become contaminated? Either it's pure and innocent or it isn't.

Then there is the ignorance issue. For several years now athletes have been testing positive but blaming it on "contaminated" supplements. What level of slow-mindedness is there for a top athlete today to disregard this and continue to take supplements which have not been scientifically proven to be effective, yet apparently carry the very real chance of resulting in a positive test? If the athlete isn't removed from the sport due to explicit cheating, they should be removed for their own safety, having demonstrated a lack of proper judgement.

Comment

athletes are responsible for
                >what is found in their body. This isn't right.

LOL.

This is THE BEST comment of alltimes. Maybe you can tell who is responsible of athletes own body?

Maybe IAAF should ban only athletes hands which put those illegal substances in athletes mouth.

Comment

If I were an athlete, I would have a hard time of it, as I would not be taking any supplements. Just food baby, if that can't suffice then so be it. You never know when someone might spike things in bottles. No Gatorade. Water after workouts. That way if I test positive, I know I was framed. (Said very tongue in cheek)
                  why don't people pronounce vowels anymore

Comment

Oh yeah ? So you suggest that every athlete who goes inside a store and buy's a Protein tube should right after go to a special lab and ask for a quality analysis ( which would cost over 300$)to see if there is inside a banned drug, right?

Think better and if you want to post something on this forum otherwise just read.

Comment

>>You walk into GNC and you buy a pure
                      >innocent sport supplement which as written on its
                      >label is ok to take if you are an athlete. Let's
                      >speculate that it is in purpose contaminated with
                      >traces of a prohormone which is able to give you
                      >a possitive doping result. So would it be fair to
                      >be guilty for it? >>

Anybody who is dumb enough to think that they need GNC (or any "health" store) products in order to make it as an athlete deserves whatever shit lands on their head.

Comment

From the comments you people send it is clearly that you don't know nothing about sport. Stay silent guys please....

Comment

>Oh yeah ? So you suggest that every athlete who
                          >goes inside a store and buy's a Protein tube
                          >should right after go to a special lab and ask
                          >for a quality analysis ( which would cost over
                          >300$)to see if there is inside a banned drug,
                          >right?

Actually, I was suggesting that every athlete not go randomly buying a Protein tube (what the heck is that? Sounds sexual.) People get all concerned about buying organic produce, or humanely slaughtered meat, yet think nothing of ingesting unregulated chemicals that claim to do wondrous things to their bodies?

Think better and if you want to post
                          >something on this forum otherwise just read.

And this from the person who posted "you don't know nothing about sport".

Comment

As a general rule, I would stay away from any food/supplement that contains ingredients that you cannot pronounce. If its made in a lab somewhere, it does not belong in your body.

Comment

>Oh yeah ? So you suggest that every athlete who
                              >goes inside a store and buy's a Protein tube
                              >should right after go to a special lab and ask
                              >for a quality analysis ( which would cost over
                              >300$)to see if there is inside a banned drug,
                              >right?

Actually, given that a tainted supplement can cost an athletes tens, if not hundreds, of thousands of dollars, a $300 investment seems pretty inexpensive in comparison for insurance.

Comment

Working...
                              X