Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: More bad news

Hey Sour Grapes....without the US and our money, the Olympic movement would fall apart even quicker that it already is. Frankly, I hope it falls apart even quicker than that.

Kurt

Comment

>If countries like the United States stop producing designer steroids , and teaching their athletes like Regina Jacobs, Mary Decker, TJ Hunter and on andon to cheat , the world would not need WADA. >>

Well, as Homer Simpson would say, "doh!" Of course the U.S. leads in the productin of designer steroids. Why? Because it leads in the production of all pharmaceuticals, legal or not (even if the scientists are increasingly imported from countries that actually have decent science programs in their schools).

What the U.S. doesn't have--and many nations, even in the "free world"--do have is government/federation sponsored doping programs. Americans have to rely upon (gasp!) freelancers like BALCO.

Comment

What the U.S. doesn't
        >have--and many nations, even in the "free world"--do have is
        >government/federation sponsored doping programs. Americans have to rely upon
        >(gasp!) freelancers like BALCO.

You've got that right. I've had a couple of disgruntled distance runners complain to me off the record about certain third world federations backing their runners to the hilt when it came to doping, and then laughing at the naivety of a lot of Westerners.

Comment

Working...
        X