Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aleksandr Walerianczyk tests positive....

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aleksandr Walerianczyk tests positive....

...for caffeine, so no ban - just a warning. The test took place in Eberstadt in July, where he jumped 2.24m (just a week after jumping 2.36m - the 2003 world-leading mark).

Re: Aleksandr Walerianczyk tests positive....

blame Starbucks

Comment

Surprised modafinil didn't show up also...how did he get to sleep afterwards?

Comment

Nice headline shithead. Nothing like putting out something so stupidly misleading in a fashion that it'll lead to nasty rumors down the line.

Comment

>Nice headline shithead. Nothing like putting out
          >something so stupidly misleading in a fashion
          >that it'll lead to nasty rumors down the line.

No problem, shitface.

He did test positive for a substance - what's the problem?? If someone is so stupid not to read the whole thing before starting rumours then that's their problem.

Of course, if Walerianczyk had not taken it in the first place then none of us would be discussing this, would we? shitfeatures.

Comment

Potentially an even stupider post in light of this: isn't caffeine now on the legal list? Some people just can't resist trashing athletes can they?

Comment

No, it is not yet on the legal list. In another two months time it will be, which is the irony of it all.

How am I trashing athletes? I'm just reporting what's fact - that someone tested positive for caffeine!!

I originally saw it on the IAAF forum (where, may I add, everyone took it within their stride and in a mature manner), and so I thought maybe it was worth a mention here. Obviously I shouldn't have bothered....

Comment

How many cups of coffee does one have to drink to trigger a positive?

Comment

You can get it in pill form. To my mind that makes it a premeditated form of cheating while its still illegal. God knows how much coffee you'd have to drink! The stimulant impact would probably be negated by the need to run to the bathroom multiple times!

Comment

>No, it is not yet on the legal list. In another
                    >two months time it will be, which is the irony of
                    >it all.

How am I trashing athletes? I'm just
                    >reporting what's fact - that someone tested
                    >positive for caffeine!!

I originally saw it on
                    >the IAAF forum (where, may I add, everyone took
                    >it within their stride and in a mature manner),
                    >and so I thought maybe it was worth a mention
                    >here. Obviously I shouldn't have bothered....>>

I don't think anybody's complaining about the post it's a track fact after all. Was interesting to learn.

The complaining is about a misleading headline in the best tabloid newspaper style ("Princess Di has baby in secret" reads the front page, then inside you see she adopted a kitten). This forum is by it's very title "The THG Crisis" and when one sees a bit headline that screams positive test for somebody, you've besmirched their good name if it's anything but a THG positive. It's fine to be cute on less serious topics but not here, IMHO.

Comment

This forum
                      >is by it's very title "The THG Crisis" and when
                      >one sees a bit headline that screams positive
                      >test for somebody, you've besmirched their good
                      >name if it's anything but a THG positive. It's
                      >fine to be cute on less serious topics but not
                      >here, IMHO.

So how come no-one kicked up a fuss when threads were started on Korolchik? Damu Cherry? The Major drugs bust in NYC? HGH? All nothing to do with THG, yet all on the THG forum. If you're going to complain about posting things in the right forum, then at least be consistent.

Most of the recent threads on the THG forum have nothing to do with THG, but people post doping-related posts on there because everyone kicks up a fuss when doping-related threads are posted in the other sections of the TFN board.

Comment

Yo Jon, I'm on your side, but you must admit that you intentionally sensationalized the thread with the topic name. We've got enough problems in track without trying to hang everyone in public. Even something like 'Walerianczyk Busted for Caffeine' would have been better.

Comment

>Yo Jon, I'm on your side, but you must admit that
                          >you intentionally sensationalized the thread with
                          >the topic name. We've got enough problems in
                          >track without trying to hang everyone in public.
                          >Even something like 'Walerianczyk Busted for
                          >Caffeine' would have been better.

Maybe the "...." at the end sensationalised it a bit, but the analagy of Princess Di and the kittens is exaggerated to say the least.

My question remains - how come no-one started complaining about the Damu Cherry and Korolchik threads. Anyone could be forgiven for thinking that they too tested positive for THG if they see names as topic titles on a THG thread.... yet no-one complained!!

Comment

i've heard you only need around 3 cups of coffee in a short amount of time to be over the limit

Comment

>i've heard you only need around 3 cups of coffee
                              >in a short amount of time to be over the limit

If that is true, the limit is ridiculously low. I'd probably test positive on most days... Maybe instead of making caffeine legal, they should keep it on the list, but set the limit at a level which you can't reasonably get over with coffee/soft drinks.

Actually, Walerianczyk's excuse was that he was drinking coffee during the competition. Not sure I buy this... but from January that will be irrelevant anyway.
                              Było smaszno, a jaszmije smukwijne...

Comment

Working...
                              X