X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steve
    replied
    Re: US Track federation planning to ban cheaters for life

>US track federation is contemplating to ban track and field athletes who are
    >caught in drugtests for life. In my opinion this is a step in the right
    >direction to halt the US steroid "party", but they must increase the number
    >of "knock-and pee" (unannounced) tests as well. A member of the US national
    >team should be forced to leave a bloodsample and urinesample once every other
    >week. Impossible to implement you may say, well, YOU GUYS FOR SURE HAVE THE
    >MONEY in the US.

I hope your federation not only talks the talk but also
    >walks the walk. Stop the American hypocrisy (thank God that even the most
    >small-minded person can use the spellcheck function)and show the rest of the
    >world that you guys for ONCE mean what you say. Your reputation is one line as
    >always, but then again, since when did you guys really care?
    I know that we in the USA have an excellent standard of living compared to many nother countries, but I don't know that USATF or whoever would put together this drugtest plan in the US is actually weathy enough as an organization to pull off something like this. Anyone know?
    While this plan sound like a good one, I think that it should be implemented by all countries for all athletes. It seems easy to target only the US. Our freedom of press (and sensational reporting) seem to make our athletes easier targets than those in other countries. This doesn't mean that these problems don't exist in other countries. As long as there is fame and financial gain at stake there are certain people who will seek to gain an unfair advantage regardless of nationality.

Leave a comment:

• bhall
    replied
    Re: Thanks administrator for deleting my last post!

Kurt & Mats,

Take your pissing match off-line.

Ben

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Sorry to disappoint you, Mats, but there's absolutely no relation between myself and Charlie. Besides, he's a Canadian.

I'm sorry that our current collegiate rules allow someone like yourself to come and compete over here using OUR US taxpayer monies. Sad.

Kurt Francis
    Throws Coach - Wilmington College, OH

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

I think I just accused Kurt Francis (whoever it is) of being Charlie Francis (Ben Johnsons coach). Ha! We all make mistakes.

Leave a comment:

• Keyser Soze
    replied
    FYI

Mats was NCAA javelin champ for Alabama in 1997. He would have won in 2000 while at UTEP if the officials at Duke weren't such jackasses. If anyone saw Mats' final throw, they would know what I mean.

As an Alabama alum, I must say that it was really entertaining to see Mats compete.

Though I don't agree with everything Mats has posted, I feel that no posts should be removed from the forum (barring profane and vulgar messages).

I think it is interesting to see what everyone has to say. Hopefully we are all mature enough to handle different opinions. Let every voice be heard.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Yes, please. We're obviously far too ignorant, corrupt, and immoral to appreciate his genius.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Ben, do us a favor and yank this idiot.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

<Thanks for helping us ignorant Yanks find our way>

You are welcome. Feel blessed, very blessed (just kidding). Another addition to you list would be anal probing for the US pole vaulters since we all know they shave their legs and get hot testosterone (monkey sperm) inserted rectally before competition.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Should not have deleted the first post

It is not that I care that much, it is just rather funny how the administrators opinions (however screwed up they may be) pretty much determine what stays on this discussion board and what is removed. Please be a little more open-minded and have the courtesy to explain why you are deleting certain posts. Political “ranting” is perhaps the only thing that will force the US to take the drug issue seriously. Couldn’t you just put CENSORED over the statements (“the venom”) you dislike? Anyhow, I would like you guys to answer the following questions:

A) How can you with a clean consciousness remove the posts that you consider are too controversial although they contain some great points and may even spawn a useful and if not useful; at least interesting and hopefully lively discussion?

For example, my first post pertaining to performance enhancing drugs in the US can possibly help curbing the systematic drug abuse in several sports thereof track and field. At the least, they may open the eyes of many naive readers. Contrary to what you may think, I am not in here just to create havoc like other disgruntled European writers since I quite like the Unites States of America. I just want to have an open discussion with no holes barred.

The first post I produced (containing several spelling mistakes, which all of you so subtly noted) had plenty of intellectual points, but you chose to delete it due to??? Yeah, what exactly offended you to the point that you had to delete it? It is not my fault if you guys were offended by the fact that you are capitalists and that the American track and field federation (like many other US organizations) is known around the world for its hypocrisy. Suck it up. We can’t all be perfect.

The second post was just stating mere facts again: The US track federation is thinking of introducing lifetime bans rather than the 2-year ban. Why would this be considered as political ranting unrelated to our beloved sport? Let me answer that question with some more political ranting: It is the same reason why O’Reilly on the O’Reilly Factor cannot stand anyone else’s opinion: There is a republican red-neck in the heart of all Americans, who cannot stand the fact that there may be two sides to every story and perhaps a better system to stop the drug-abuse in athletics than the present American anti-drug policy.

C) Are the administrators of this web-site on the federation's payroll so they ask you to remove the posts that potentially may harm its reputation?

Basically there is no way anyone will sue you over what is written in your columns (even under my pseudonym, under which I have written some rather silly things, but probably truthful. Since you have access to my IP# it is pretty easy to figure out). Even the worst accusations towards potentially drug-abusing American athletes will not harm this web-site the slightest. Let these cheaters answer instead.

Irregardless of how you lead your lives, I am at least man enough to embrace all comments (negative and positive) given from critics without lowering myself to the level of the responders (low blows pertaining to spelling/grammar and not addressing the issue itself) of my first post and the administrators (deleting whatever they feel uncomfortable with) of this forum.

Let me give you an example to clarify this issue even more: If you would tell me that Scandinavians are communist wimps who do not dare to take sides and think they are morally superior to other people then fine. I would have to respond in a mature manner and not simply remove the post. Of course it would have to be related to track and field in some way, which my posts were and will continue to be.

Well, have a nice day!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

In my opinion this is a step in the right
    >direction to halt the US steroid "party", but they must increase the number
    >of "knock-and pee" (unannounced) tests as well. A member of the US national
    >team should be forced to leave a bloodsample and urinesample once every other
    >week.

Mats, you make some wonderful points, and your thoughts are well thought out. Thanks so much for being the voice of reason. I have some other suggestions for you as well. In addition to the 26+ blood & urin samples each National team member must submit every year, how about implanting a tiny blood testing device inside a major artery. That way we can know in real time just when they go bad on us. This might be expensive, but I figure we can fund it through Red Cross money. They're in blood business already.
    Also, I suggest mandatory ankle clamps with electronic transmitters so none of these steroid party goers can hide from the drug testers.
    I'm also toying with the idea of surgically implanting a web cam on all of their forheads so we can watch everything they do. Maybe NBC or MTV would be interested in underwriting that project.
    Thanks for helping us ignorant Yanks find our way.

Leave a comment:

• bhall
    replied
    Re: Did you guys catch my spelling mistake this time as well

Mats- I'm moving this post to the the THG Crisis board. Please try to keep doping related posts on that board.

Also, the venom is unnecessary. Your posts boarder on political rants. If you want to post on doping issues you need to come with a different attitude. Board users who post regularly know that these discussions get out of hand easily. Starting one with a venomous rant doesn't promote discussion. You may have valid points but no one will listen when you're shouting at them and at the same time have your fingers in your ears so you can't hear them.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Re: Did you guys catch my spelling mistake this time as well

on the line: on line...same crap.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Did you guys catch my spelling mistake this time as well?

or were you able to read the post without getting too defensive? Feel free to surprise me with some intellectual answers this time.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic US Track federation planning to ban cheaters for life

US Track federation planning to ban cheaters for life

US track federation is contemplating to ban track and field athletes who are caught in drugtests for life. In my opinion this is a step in the right direction to halt the US steroid "party", but they must increase the number of "knock-and pee" (unannounced) tests as well. A member of the US national team should be forced to leave a bloodsample and urinesample once every other week. Impossible to implement you may say, well, YOU GUYS FOR SURE HAVE THE MONEY in the US.

I hope your federation not only talks the talk but also walks the walk. Stop the American hypocrisy (thank God that even the most small-minded person can use the spellcheck function)and show the rest of the world that you guys for ONCE mean what you say. Your reputation is one line as always, but then again, since when did you guys really care?
Working...
X