Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jones returns medals

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/news?s ... &type=lgns

I wonder how she did this. Shipped them to the IOC? The article doesn't say.

Comment

well

from a financial point of view, a very dumb move

claim she lost them now & "find" them a few years later & sell 'em on ebay for a some $100,000s

it'd be nice to hear lawdude's opinion if IOC couda sued her for this

Comment

A thread opened up on Current Events links a longer article on this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/trackandf ... id=3054706

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
          well

from a financial point of view, a very dumb move

claim she lost them now & "find" them a few years later & sell 'em on ebay for a some $100,000s

it'd be nice to hear lawdude's opinion if IOC couda sued her for this
          As I've said many times in many contexts, anyone can sue anyone for anything.

Now let's get to reality. They could sue her and immediately give her a problem. If she says she doesn't have them, she'll have to come up with a plausible reason why. One doesn't normally misplace five Olympic medals. Whatever the reason she offers, it impairs her ability to sell them on ebay at some future point. And if those things ever did surface on ebay, the IOC's law dudes could jump in then. That's not a good option for her.

If she says she has them but refuses to give them back, she'll have to spend money that she doesn't have defending a lawsuit that she's very unlkely to win.

All things considered, I'm not surprised she's giving them back, assuming that story is true.

Comment

Marion's Medals

They were in O.J's Vegas hotel room.

"I thought you were a standup guy!!"

BCB

Comment

Now eldrick wants her to be a liar. Odd how fortunes change.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
                Now eldrick wants her to be a liar. Odd how fortunes change.
                you can lose even your most valuable possesions & perhaps find them later - why can't she ?

my most treasured sporting possessions are 4 or 5 ticket-stubs to the fnals of the athens games

i intended to put them in a scrap-book soon after returning home ( along with stubs to a heavyweight championship ( oliver mccall flattening lennox in 2 rounds back in '94 ), cricket world cup of '83, tiger playing in london, etc ) but unfortunately during a house clear-up before doing that, they disappeared & 3y later, to my great annoyance, i still can't find them

i'm a guy who never loses anything - i've never lost my house keys/wallet/mobile phone/credit card/etc in all my life, so i can't understand how these disappeared

if these treasured possessions of mine have been lost, & i'm meticulous about these things, i see no reason why marion coudn't have lost her medals

Comment

She can keep the medals as far as im concerned. I want her to return the truth, the whole truth and nothin but the truth. Wouldnt that be like really cool n' stuff.
                  phsstt!

Comment

Any chance the mods can combine these two MJ medals threads?? Thanks . . .

Comment

Originally posted by Law dude
                      As I've said many times in many contexts, anyone can sue anyone for anything
                      an interesting situation wouda been if she'd sold her medals a long time ago, say before balco erupted, say ~'02 for a princessly sum

if the new owner is an avid collecter of such & has no intention of selling them back to marion ( she may not be able to buy them back ) after 5y, nor anyone else, i wonder how strong the IOC's case woud be to get them from him ?

Comment

She could donate them to a movie company's prop department. That way if they got chewed up like AOs it really wouldn't matter and would be a fitting end to them. Destroyed while creating fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by SQUACKEE
                          She can keep the medals as far as im concerned. I want her to return the truth, the whole truth and nothin but the truth. Wouldnt that be like really cool n' stuff.
                          Didn't John Lennon write a song about something like that?
                          Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Mennisco
                            Imagine all the runners..running for the truth ... Nothin to cheat and drug for. and no Conte too...

You may say its Flax seed.. but your the only one..i hope some day we'll run clean and the track world will be as one.....
                            phsstt!

Comment

Originally posted by Mennisco
                              Imagine all the runners..running for the truth ... Nothin to cheat and drug for. and no Conte too...

You may say its Flax seed.. but your the only one..i hope some day we'll run clean and the track world will be as one.....
                              Wrong Lennon song. I think Mennie was talking about 'Gimme Some Truth' - same album, different tone, both great songs . . . .

Comment

Working...
                              X