Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this recent scandal blow the Ben Johnson scandal away?

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well

i'm a helluva a fan of the ole santa monica runners & i'm a huge fan of tom tellez, who coached 3 succesive og 200m champs/succesive 100m titles/4 lj titles/ 400 title ( ?steve lewis ) - on achievements, i'd call him greatest coach in history

as for rest:

- why google pictures of their jaws ?

i'm neither a dentist & much more pertinently, i never saw them wear braces on tv meets

if you have the "zapruder" footage of them with braces - tell us where !

- exum revealed ephedrine +ve's for some of the guys in the camp '88 ( in his "warren" report ) - it was from a coupla $ cold remedy bought from the pharmacy - considering these were closely grouped athletes in near proximity for many weeks, it is not rocket science to conclude if one came down with flu, others in the camp caught it & sent the gofer down to pharmacy to get a cold remedy, which they all took

yes, at the time, if revealed, it dq'ed them from the meet & seoul, but considering this drug is on a par with caffeine ( now taken off the wada list ), it may have been prescient of ustaf to consider ephedrine on same par as a nonsense caffeine conviction & ignored +ves ( if you are of the belief that human science wasn't developed enough in '88 to decide that piss-ant ephedrine was no performance enhancer, then think again - it was hardly "splitting the atom" science ) - find me a 20.20 guy who ran 20.00 off ephedrine

then you have the consideration that the '88 trials were simple shootout between King & deloach ( no one else in the world coud break 20 ) & as long as they both qualified, one of the 2 wins gold - seeing as both tested +ve, their was no "one-upmanship" & neither gained an advantage over the other

deloach came in with quickest time to trials, King, after 4y came back to 200m - neither needed any assistance to make top-3 in trials

Comment

Nice try, pal!

It changes nothing as far as Ben Johnson is concerned.

Candians will never get off the hook on that one.
      "Who's Kidding Who?"

Comment

Re: Does this recent scandal blow the Ben Johnson scandal aw

Originally posted by eldrick
        Originally posted by Mats Nilsson
        Are you so sure that CL was clean? How about those braces in Santa Monica runners
        that's the 2nd time you've mentioned this

i don't recall him ever wearing braces during his international career ( certainly not at majors ) & not something i recall for deloach, steve lewis or marsh

do you have pics ?
        I'm not accusing Carl or anyone of anything but Mats is right about the braces. Both Carl & Leroy had on them in Tokyo '91. They were very visible during their respective BBC post race interviews, especially the ecstatic, grinning new WR holder. If you can get the footage you'll see what I mean.

Comment

If Ben had never been caught, this would be a million times bigger. 22
          Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
            ino disrespect for women's sport, but i doubt joe public gives 2 hoots which woman won the 100 ( or 200 final )
            So the shoe companies are equal opportunity employers, or something like that? :P

Comment

Originally posted by OKOWO
              I'm not accusing Carl or anyone of anything but Mats is right about the braces. Both Carl & Leroy had on them in Tokyo '91. They were very visible during their respective BBC post race interviews, especially the ecstatic, grinning new WR holder. If you can get the footage you'll see what I mean.
              i musta watched the youtube footage of the 100m & lj a dozen times over the years & don't recall any of this

i'll have to watch it again some more

Comment

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .................................................. ...................

Comment

Originally posted by Mats Nilsson

For a doctor "in da hood" your grammar is excellent even compared to a Swede Eldrick.
                  Reminds me of a Guns N' Roses song, "Swede Child O' Mine"....

Comment

Working...
                  X