Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jearl Miles Clark ends silence on Marion Jones debacle

Jearl Miles Clark ends silence on Marion Jones debacle and released statement (linked below).

I feel so bad for Clark - she stood behind Jones and then got stabbed in the back for her loyalty.

Clark, a 5 time olympian, may now also lose her medal.

Man o man did Jones mess up a lot of people's lives. She is so unbelievably selfish.

Jearl Miles Clark's statements(full transcript)

Jearl Miles Clark should go nuts - she should go kick Jones' butt

Although ... on second thought ... I love Clark and really don't want anything to happen to her and if Jones is still using her "flax seed oil" - then it really isn't gonna be pretty for Clark.

Comment

Jeeze, you guys need to get a grip. Clark will be just fine . . .

Comment

I think the people hit worst by this and similar situations are the people in 4th place. Imagine the money earning potential lost by not having an Olympic medal that they actually should have had. They can never get that back, especially now when most of their careers are over.

JMC earned more money in her career because of the Gold medal she got with Jones. She may have to return the medal, but she won't have to return all the appearance money. And those who did not have the medals can never get it.
        In the sun with a popsicle, everthing is possible

Comment

Originally posted by Run DMC
          JMC earned more money in her career because of the Gold medal she got with Jones.
          Exactly . . .

Comment

Has Miles-Clark retired now?
            http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Her individual gold in 1993 and bronze in 1997 proabably did more to enhance her income than any relay hardware she picked up during her career.

Comment

It's true what Clark said about Jones damaging the authenticity of all athletes, because now as I read the harsh statements of Jones' competitors on her transgressions, I wonder how many of them are hypocrites and are/were doping too. Track and field in the US was already nearly dead and was probably less popular than synchronized swimming. Now even I, a die hard track fan, don't want to hear about any new fast sprint times. Very few runners interest me now. I'm probably only interested in the performances of Jeremy Wariner and Galen Rupp and maybe Alan Webb. Perhaps Allyson Felix is compelling to me too. Thanks to the sins of Jones and Graham and Conte, et. al., T&F feels so pathetic now, filled with nothing more than bad feeling and unpleasantness.

Comment

Originally posted by bad hammy
                  Jeeze, you guys need to get a grip. Clark will be just fine . . .
                  Clark's statement was very classy and understated.
                  Of course she will be fine but she has every right to feel betrayed and angry.
                  Hell us nobodies are none to pleased. :x

Comment

[quote=bad hammy]
                    Originally posted by "Run DMC":29rxses5
                    JMC earned more money in her career because of the Gold medal she got with Jones.
                    Exactly . . .[/quote:29rxses5] I don't think relay medalists earn much if anything off their wins. Obviously there are rare circumstances, but generally most are fairly non-descript runners. I recall the Canadian team runners complaining how their countries big companies never offered anything to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Track fan
                      I recall the Canadian team runners complaining how their countries big companies never offered anything to them.
                      probably because of the whopping rise in canadian $, these companies are more interested in buying american assets rather than endorsing domesic athletes :P

Comment

Originally posted by nevetsllim
                        According to people in her camp, she's "Beijing-bound!"

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                          That's good news indeed! I read an article after the 2004 Olympic Games that she planned to make it for Beijing but I thought that might have gone by the way side in the past two seasons.
                          http://twitter.com/Trackside2011

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                            at 41?

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                              On a holiday? Surely not as a competitor. When did she last race?

Comment

Working...
                              X