Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Gene "Modification"

Originally posted by Daisy
    So given this "success rate" our gene doping engineers would have to have started about 50 years ago and encouraged two rounds of inbreeding to get these ultra marathoners. Some chance of this before 2010, if ever.
    Will you please stop undermining hype with actual facts or you'll end up substantially reducing worldwide rabies diagnoses...

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy
      To do the same in an already developed human would require an adenovirus vector to introduce the gene
      they were telling us in the early '90s that they were working on a gene-therapy cure for cystic fibrosis by inhaling a presumed vector containing the modified gene ( to get to the lungs which is organ most affected, albeit whole body is afflicted )

15y later, i don't know if they got anywhere ( too lazy to look it up - daisy probably got info )

Comment

Imagine an athlete named Jean Doe Ping. Not impossible.
        Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by eldrick
          15y later, i don't know if they got anywhere ( too lazy to look it up - daisy probably got info )
          In 2001 it was just around the corner. I believe they still have "reliable expression" problems, of course they will not admit it unless they have to. . :roll: And they do have to face reality with a phase 3 trial, no amount of their hype can make get it through if it does not work.

(actually, I'm not sure it even got to phase 2)

Comment

Working...
          X