Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacobs Admits Positive THG Test

Her defense will apparently rest on the legitimacy of the THG test and whether or not it's really a banned substance. She also says she doesn't know why Toth wasn't named yesterday.

And we learn that the "mystery" track athlete who is the fourth U.S. THG positive is represented by same lawyer as Toth and McEwen.

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 605270.htm

Re: Jacobs Admits Positive THG Test

> She also says she doesn't know why Toth
    >wasn't named yesterday.

I think that the lawyer(also named Jacobs) said that which makes a little more sense.

Comment

I'm not so sure she admitted the positive -- first she questioned why she or her rep. hadn't had meaningful opportunity to view to tested sample, and then there are questions raised about whether the test itself is valid, which seems to imply that the results might be questioned. Then there's a jump to an "even if valid" scenario, that the substance is unknown to Regina, is not banned, and may not be "related."
      When I read the headline on this website "Regina admits . . ." I expected to read a tearful mea culpa, explaining why she did it, and asking understanding and forgiveness. I guess that's what we'd all like to hear. Instead, there's a lot of denial, rather than admission. Though point granted, technically she may be saying yes, there is a positive.

Comment

>>I think
        >that the lawyer(also named Jacobs) said that which makes a little more sense.>>

Doh! That's what I get for reading in the half-light at 05:30

Comment

Doh! That's what I get for reading in the half-light at
          >05:30

I did the same thing but went back over it because it seemed so odd.

Comment

Her lawyers statement would appear to set the tone for their defense. It seems to me that the grey area of "related substances" and the fact that the juice wasn't specifically named as a banned substance, correlates to "reasonable doubt" in criminal cases. I think it'll end up with multiple lawsuits and they'll get off in the legal system. Only positive is that by the time it gets through the system RJ will be too old to come back. What was it that Shakespeare said about lawyers? (except the lawdude who posts here, of course)

Comment

Right. From my quick reading of the article RJ ain't admittin' nuttin.

Comment

Doh! That's what I get for reading in the half-light at
                >05:30

Ok Ben, I think da boss just said to put the edit function at the top of your to do list.

Comment

>What was it that Shakespeare said about lawyers? (except the lawdude who posts here, of course)<

Thank you. Wow, what a thought! Can you imagine what I could charge if I were the only one left? :-)

Comment

>>Thank you. Wow, what a thought! Can you imagine what I could charge if I were the only one left? :-)<

OK, now we know you really are a lawyer.

Comment

If its smells like BS, its probably BS. Now we know why she went to law school, so she'd be prepared to defend herself when the long arm of the law finally caught up to her.

Simply put, this loser has never had the integrity to come out and say that she does not uses illegal drugs, even when asked point blank by the Johnsons. If you're clean, say it and be proud, if not, take your punishment and get your stinkin behind off the track forever.

I really can't wait until the first athlete v. athlete lawsuit comes out for fraudulent restriction of trade. I hope Suzy takes her for everything she's got.

This sport has enough cowards and losers and can't afford people like this anymore.

Comment

Oh come on! All these euphemisms and beating around the bush! What do you REALLY think? %)

Comment

>Now we know why she went to law school<

You may be right about this, but I was not aware that Regina had ever gone to law school. When did that happen?

Are you perhaps thinking of PattiSue, who did go to law school?

Comment

Open letter to fellow Farm Alum, Regina Jacobs,

This is an EXTREMELY SAD ending for you. You were one of my favorite runners. For you to deny wrongdoing on technicalities should be beneath your dignity. Why were you taking THG in the first place? You DID know better, but you thought you could get away with it with the very excuse you're using now. This ranks down there with Bill's "well, it depends on what your definition of 'is' is." Please be honorable enough to fess up, ask forgiveness, and then work with the sport to clean it up. Make something of yourself NOW.

Yours in track,

Pat Crandall, '73

Comment

>> For you to deny wrongdoing on technicalities should be beneath your dignity.>>

If you got a DUI and your lawyer told you could save losing your driver's license (and major financial implications) by noting that the cop wrote down your driver's license number wrong, or that the blow-tube had residual fluid in it, would you say to the judge, "send me away, I'm guilty"? If so, I applaud you, because that puts you in about one-tenth of 1 percent of the population (or less).

The fact that this is even more serious only strengthens the likelihood that you'd say no. Playing the dignity card don't fly here.

Comment

Working...
                              X