Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unamed athlete ?

I havent read much of the other posts so don't jump dowm my throat here, have they named to fourth athlete that tested positive, if not who do you guys think it is?

Re: unamed athlete ?

No, the fourth has not been named but do not waste your time on who you think it is because the owners of this board do not permit idle speculation. Start mentioning names and they will yank the thread just like that. As it shoudl be.

Comment

Not going to speculate on who it is, but it must be someone of great importance to USATF for it to of not been leaked. Think about the names that were 'leaked' all pretty big names on the national scene, some on the international scene. So using that logic, the unnamed must be someone near the pinacle of popularity of T&F in the US. Not many people hold that type of star power, but I can think of a few.
      Well, if we can't speculate on who it is, we can always speculate on who it isn't...

We know its not MJ as she had just given birth, and didn't compete at Nationals, so it wasn't her.
      One down, that leaves about 3 possibilities in my mind....
      Hopefully one day this will all finally be resolved, but knowing the powers that be, it might just slip away from the public eye enough that it can be swept under the rug like so many in the past....

Comment

Au contraire! My guess (and I emphasize GUESS; this isn't a situation where T&FN has any secret insider information) is that it's somebody relatively obscure, which is why it was never leaked; wouldn't have any impact.

And, far as I know, the leaks have come from within WADA, not USATF, and WADA has no motive to protect anybody in particular. (I could be wrong; that's just my understanding of the situation.)

Comment

It was Lee Harvey Oswald in the Dallas book depository, or was it another shooter on the grassy knoll?

Comment

It had to be the other gunner on the grassy knoll because nobody could shoot (a syringe) from that distance.

Comment

I think its such BS because all of the other athletes who tested positive for THG were named and in my opinion those were not leaks, whoever gave the names to the public did it for reasons, I think that everybody wanted to know who had bin busted so bad that those people who were in charge let out a few names so the public would get off there backs for a bit! For all we know this other athlete will probably go unamed until athens is over!

Comment

>...I think that everybody wanted to know who had bin busted so bad...

I'm still wondering who has Bin Laden. Who is Bin Busted, his cousin??

Comment

I'm
                  >still wondering who has Bin Laden. Who is Bin Busted, his cousin??

Did you hear about the Newfie* terrorist group recently busted? They caught three of them, Bin Drinkin, Bin Fightin, and Bin Sleepin, but have not found any trace of the fourth, Bin Workin.

(*or whatever regional group is your typical punching bag fodder)

Comment

>Bin Drinkin, Bin Fightin, and Bin Sleepin, but have not found any trace of the fourth, Bin Workin.

Must be Irish ;'>

I resemble that remark!!

Comment

Here are some of the athletes who testified before the federal grand jury in San Francisco in the BALCO case:

Baseball: Barry Bonds (San Francisco Giants), Jason Giambi (New York Yankees), Gary Sheffield (New York Yankees), Benito Santiago (Kansas City Royals).

Boxing: "Sugar" Shane Mosley.

Cycling: Tammy Thomas.

Football: Bill Romanowski (Oakland Raiders), Tyrone Wheatley (Oakland Raiders), Barret Robbins (Oakland Raiders), Johnnie Morton (Kansas City Chiefs).

Swimming: Amy Van Dyken.

Track and field: Marion Jones, Tim Montgomery, Kelli White, Regina Jacobs.

Busted

Athletes who reportedly failed urine tests for the previously undetectable steroid tetrahydrogestrinone, or THG:

Dwain Chambers: British sprinter one of world's best.

Regina Jacobs: Won 25 U.S. middle-distance titles.

Kevin Toth: Won shot put at 2003 U.S. nationals.

John McEwen: 2003 U.S. champ in hammer throw.

Bill Romanowski: Has extensive ties to Victor Conte.

Barret Robbins: Went AWOL at 2003 Super Bowl.

Chris Cooper: Defensive tackle for Oakland Raiders.

Dana Stubblefield: Defensive tackle for Raiders.

Officials have said four U.S. track and field athletes tested positive for THG, and so far only three have been identified. Athletes who the U.S. Olympic Committee has confirmed tested positive for the banned stimulant modafinal, which reportedly came from BALCO as well:

Kelli White: Could lose 100-and 200-meter world titles.

Chryste Gaines: Fastest U.S. sprinter by season's end.

John McEwen: So far, only one also positive for THG.

Chris Phillips: Fifth in 110-meter hurdles at worlds.

Sandra Glover: Second in 400-meter hurdles at worlds.

Eric Thomas: 2003 U.S. champ in 400-meter hurdles.

Note: Everyone except Phillips failed tests taken at the U.S. Outdoor Track and Field Championships last June at Stanford. Phillips tested positive at the World Championships at Paris in August. White flunked tests at both events.

Comment

>Officials have said four U.S. track and field athletes tested
                        >positive for THG, and so far only three have been identified. Athletes who the
                        >U.S. Olympic Committee has confirmed tested positive for the banned stimulant
                        >modafinal, which reportedly came from BALCO as well:

I've yet to see any reported link between BALCO and the distribution of Modafinil. Please provide a source for this statement. Sprint coach Remi Korchemny has been identified as the source of at least some of the Modafinil.

Comment

Remember Lee Oswald scored near perfect shooting in sharp shooting tests, so I don't think any others are involved.

Comment

"I'm
                            >still wondering who has Bin Laden."

Bush's cronies have had Bin Laden for months...he'll be wheeled out in October just before the election...

Comment

Working...
                            X