X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanou

Almost makes one feel sympathy for Chambers:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/olympic ... 517713.stm

Whilst I wholeheartedly would love to get rid of her on a personal level, I just don't see how they can...or should...when the likes of Lyudmila Blonska will be happily in the fight for medals...

Comment

Originally posted by peach
      Whilst I wholeheartedly would love to get rid of her on a personal level,.
      What does this mean?
      Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Whilst I wholeheartedly would love to get rid of her on a personal level, I just don't see how they can...or should...when the likes of Lyudmila Blonska will be happily in the fight for medals...
        There is a wrinkle -- she declined to come before the IOC to defend herself and turned in her credentials instead. Those credentials are still 'turned in' and she is going to have to go in front of the IOC to get them back. She is probably not going to do it and they are not going to make it easy.

Comment

How do you feel about convicted dopers, Torrie Edwards and Damu Cherry being on the US team?!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacksf
            How do you feel about convicted dopers, Torrie Edwards and Damu Cherry being on the US team?!
            I would be in favor of stricter penalties for doping of serious nature, i.e. hormones, epo, etc. and lifetime OG bans are not unreasonable. I don't recall what Torri did, but my recollection is that hers was of a "lighter" nature and thus she should be ok. However, what now is a 2-year ban is a serious violation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mennisco

What does this mean?
              What it says- that I personally don't WANT her in the Olympics, but I can't see how they can refuse...it's ridiculous when others are allowed, same as I thought about Chambers. However, I didn't know that about the accreditation thing...

As for Cherry , I feel the same way I do about Thanou...

Edwards less so. Whatever your opinion about her (and I know there are a few on here who don't believe for a minute she is clean), the whole nikethamide (sp?) was downgraded just after her ban and is no longer a 2 year punishment...

Comment

Your flawed indictment of Torrie gets a little tiresome/boring - it was a secondary infraction (although it took IAAF/WADA awhile to go from evidence to action in reducing the categorization) and why exactly would she be wanting a light (at most) advantage in an early-season meet of no consequence?

In my mind Cherry is a different kettle of fish and is not high on my list of athletes I admire. I was disappointed so see athletes like Powell not on the team while she made it.

Comment

And why don't you read, my dear boy...I actually have no issue with Torri Edwards whatsoever, I said that many people on this board do. Whatever you believe, the facts show she tested positive for something which is now considered a "minor" stimulant- I have no problem with her competing in the games at all...

Comment

Oh sorry, i've just realised that was aimed at Jack

less haste, more speed peach...

Comment

...and what was Thanou convicted of using?

Comment

We're not going to go through THAT again are we....

Comment

So, she will have no problem getting back her Olympic accreditation then. :roll:

Comment

It is like a driver with a DUI that refuses to take a breath test. Some of those involved are already convicted of crimes, hers has just been put off 'n' times. Since she did not appear she gave up her credential for the Games and does not have one yet.

Comment

I'm just pointing out what I feel is a strong US bias in these doping conversations.
                              You guys are always given the benefit of the doubt or citing some excuse, exception for the US athletes; while non-US athletes are seemingly always guilty.
                              Play fair guys.

Comment

Working...
                              X