Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New USATF CEO Blogs

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New USATF CEO Blogs

    http://www.usatf.org/about/leadership/ShinSplintsBlog/

    Last week I also made my first trip to the USATF National Office in Indianapolis, where I had a chance to get to know the staff I will be working with, and they got to know a bit about me. I didn't get hit by any spitballs, which is a good sign, as I laid out my management style and goals for the office.
    I know a lot of people aren't going to like his 'style' (non-suitish), but I do!

  • #2
    Re: New USATF CEO Blogs

    Originally posted by Marlow
    http://www.usatf.org/about/leadership/ShinSplintsBlog/

    Last week I also made my first trip to the USATF National Office in Indianapolis, where I had a chance to get to know the staff I will be working with, and they got to know a bit about me. I didn't get hit by any spitballs, which is a good sign, as I laid out my management style and goals for the office.
    I know a lot of people aren't going to like his 'style' (non-suitish), but I do!
    Too much of that initial blog is about Jones...

    Comment


    • #3
      get ready for him to ride that pony right into the ground.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: New USATF CEO Blogs

        Originally posted by TrakFan
        Too much of that initial blog is about Jones...
        It's like cockroach infestation You can ignore them and hope the problem goes away, or you can shine a bright light on it and smack the little critters every time they show their nasty little heads. The short-term result is messy squashed bugs, but the long-term result is that you have fewer pests.

        Comment


        • #5
          Unfortunately, although Logan's background is marketing, and presumably that will be a primary focus in his new job, he must know that one of USATF's biggest marketing challenges is overcoming some of the image problems that have been created by high-profile doping cases. He can't just ignore the issue.

          Comment


          • #6
            If he doesn't make a big deal about it, people will accuse him of ignoring the problem. You know they will. This way, nobody can say he isn't interested in cleaning up our act. We are way past 'image' problems now. We need a new sheriff in town, packing lots of heat. If only for the show.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by tandfman
              Unfortunately, although Logan's background is marketing, and presumably that will be a primary focus in his new job, he must know that one of USATF's biggest marketing challenges is overcoming some of the image problems that have been created by high-profile doping cases. He can't just ignore the issue.
              Great. Then work on the fish in the ocean and not the ones in the barrel.
              There are no strings on me

              Comment


              • #8
                The fish in the ocean are more likely to bite if they think it's clean in the barrel.

                (Block that metaphor!!!!)

                Comment


                • #9
                  Two weeks into his term and he already runs the risk of becoming branded as a one-trick pony.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    That wouldn't be fair. The Jones stuff was less than half of what he wrote about. I'm sure he'll show us other tricks soon enough.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by gh
                      Two weeks into his term and he already runs the risk of becoming branded as a one-trick pony.
                      Yeah, but that would be ahelluva trick if he can get rid of PEDs! :shock:

                      He can't of course, but he can make a big impact if he wants. And I get the impression he wants.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        It appears that he believes he needs to be doing what he's doing right now, and there's no reason to think that he won't continue to be outspoken on this subject. Whether anything he says or does makes a big impact remains to be seen. Wouldn't it be nice if he did make a big impact!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by tandfman
                          It appears that he believes he needs to be doing what he's doing right now, and there's no reason to think that he won't continue to be outspoken on this subject. Whether anything he says or does makes a big impact remains to be seen. Wouldn't it be nice if he did make a big impact!
                          Wake me when he moves up from hunting roadkill.
                          There are no strings on me

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Fortunately, roadkill is all there is for him to deal with right now. I hope it stays that way.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I imagine he:ll have a blog about how wonderful the Olympics were the day Jones is released (5/9). It won:t be much outside of closing ceremonies (12 days), but he:ll want folks to recognise all that the Olympics were for the athletes, and not all that a mental institution was for one individual. Whatever news surfaces the day she is released to probation, I:m positive USATF will spin things another direction away from her.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X