• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A blogger about a blogger. Interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by EPelle
      A blogger about a blogger. Interesting.
      EPelle - you have a blog - you should blog about the blogger blogging about the blogger. We could do the Infinite Mirror thing again!

Comment

How far did that one go? Who broke the mirror? It is somewhere in "Things" section.

Blog has been replaced with youtube stuff for the time being.

Comment

Originally posted by gh
          Column in the Indy paper thinks his latest missive was a mistake too.

http://blogs.indystar.com/woods/2008/07 ... d_whe.html
          As far as I can tell, that appeared only as a blog, not as a column in the paper.

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
            Originally posted by gh
            Column in the Indy paper thinks his latest missive was a mistake too.

http://blogs.indystar.com/woods/2008/07 ... d_whe.html
            As far as I can tell, that appeared only as a blog, not as a column in the paper.
            Possibly but it is an official blog of the newspaper. Not just a random blog.

Comment

"in the paper" no longer necessarily means ink & paper.

Comment

To me it does. Call me old-fashioned (or worse).

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                  "in the paper" no longer necessarily means ink & paper.
                  zackly - our local rag actually has a very good web-site, so I often go there to 'read the paper' - stuff that's not even in 'the paper'.

Comment

I read my local newspapers as much on line as in print. But I never look at the blogs. There's an infinite amount to read out there, and a limited amount of time. I let the editors do the first cut for me. If it ain't good enough to make the paper, I'm not going to waste my time on it.

Comment

Big mistake. Among other things, remember the dictum "electrons are free," which means that people have the freedom to ramble on a little on-line, not constrained by paper cost or fitting copy into an x by x box.

And they don't have to meet (not so much at least) the preceonceived prejudices of the editorial board and can write what they find interesting.

The movie and food columns in my local rag are fabulously well served by having their main people blogging in addition to the limited ink they get. And their best sports columnist (irreverence unlimited) appears only in the online version.

So, you wanna be called worse? LUDDITE! LUDDITE! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by gh
                        So, you wanna be called worse? LUDDITE! LUDDITE! :-)
                        But I don't want to destroy the blogs--just ignore them. (Yeah, I know, "Luddite" has taken on connotations beyond its original meaning. I'm also a conservative about language, in case you hadn't noticed. )

Comment

Originally posted by tandfman
                          I'm also a conservative about language, in case you hadn't noticed. )
                          Yeah, but ya ain't dead! Adapting to the New World Order (MattM!), which involves getting your input digitally, ensures that just because you're old, you're not ready for Droopy Drawers Senior Center.

Comment

Working...
                          X