Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gh

Somebody get up on the wrong side of the bed today?
    Sigh.......I almost feel sorry for you guys, sometimes..

Comment

"If it turns out that people will not participate without cheating, then the sport has no business being a sport."

Exactly. Now you get it.

Comment

Originally posted by Conor Dary
        "If it turns out that people will not participate without cheating, then the sport has no business being a sport."

Exactly. Now you get it.
        http://tinyurl.com/57jyqc

Sorry to bother you, but could please provide us with something verifiable? Or at least tell us you heard it in an interview?
        Take good care of yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by odelltrclan
          "
          I read this and got a good laugh. I think The Times' Simon Barnes is the one with the correct view on this. (See home page)
          Correct view? That is a sad statement. I think that view reflects the degredation of society. Cheating is no longer viewed by many as amoral but rather just part of life we should live with and embrace.

The Olympics and sport in general was intended to be based on fair play.
          Drug testing is not ruining the sport, the cheaters are and those that come to tolerate them. If it turns out that people will not participate without cheating, then the sport has no business being a sport.
          see above

Comment

"See above"

Thanks! I rely so heavily on those quote buttons...

:lol:

Comment

Exactly. Now you get it.
              Baby/bathwater, etc.

Comment

Exactly. Now you get it.
                Over the last couple of days, I have discussed the Beijing Olympics with friends/relatives in Europe/Asia/Australia. There is a general lack of interest and everyone mentioned drugs and other modes of cheating. A good start may be to be reset the WRs to the year 2000 or so (suggested by gh and others I believe), and carry out rigorous and random drug testing. Women's TF in most standard (old) events are interesting, but only to the cognoscenti. When you have the current top performers in many events performing at early 1970s levels, something is totally amiss. What happened to improved nutrition, training techniques, equipment, tracks?

Comment

Originally posted by catson52
                  When you have the current top performers in many events performing at early 1970s levels, something is totally amiss. What happened to improved nutrition, training techniques, equipment, tracks?
                  ignoring throws where drugs explained most, distance events have moved on - pamela at 1'54 is at least capable of high-1'53 before career end & defar/diby are capable of 3'54 now ! & kazankina's ole 8'22 standard got well 'n' truely buried when defar ran 8'58 ( convert that with standard 1.08 )

main problem is sprints

trouble is we do have small, puny rubbish running it - usual 5'7 - 5'9 size gals from 2 decades ago & that's why we are still only getting 10.8/21.9 ( 21.8 with big wind on fastest legal track built )

looking at men's side, we got many 9.7s ( & some 19.6s ) when 6'3 (+) guys like safa/bolt/wally/x-man started arriving

the big tall dudes started turning up & started destroying 9.8/19.7

where are the 5'11/6'0 dudettes to do the same for 10.7/21.6 ?

answer :

not drawing on same quality of talent pool as dudes

dudettes m i a , probably hairdressing or business managent or p a

Comment

Working...
                  X