Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UK looks to Canada (as usual) :-)

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • UK looks to Canada (as usual) :-)

    to improve its drug testing agency.

    The best thing to come out of the whole Ben Johnson scandal.

    http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news ... 25b6c8db88

  • #2
    Speaking of Canada. During the flag parade the commentators said that they failed to win a single Gold medal when they held the Montreal Olympics. Was that just in track, or during the entire games? :shock:

    Did they win a medal when they held the world championships in 2001?

    How bloody unlucky, given that they've had some amazing Olympians in the past.

    Comment


    • #3
      Montreal (all sports): 0 gold, 5 silver, 6 bronze

      Click on "Medals by country"

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jaack
        Speaking of Canada. During the flag parade the commentators said that they failed to win a single Gold medal when they held the Montreal Olympics. Was that just in track, or during the entire games? :shock:

        Did they win a medal when they held the world championships in 2001?

        How bloody unlucky, given that they've had some amazing Olympians in the past.
        It was for the entire Olympics. :cry:

        But at least we hold the record for the only host nation not to win Gold!

        No medals from the 2001 WC either.

        You had to bring all this up didn't you? :twisted:

        Comment


        • #5
          Edmonton: 0 gold, 0 silver, 0 bronze

          http://www2.iaaf.org/WCH01/Results/Medaltable.html

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Davidokun
            Edmonton: 0 gold, 0 silver, 0 bronze

            http://www2.iaaf.org/WCH01/Results/Medaltable.html

            Thankyou Davidokun.

            I already made that point. :twisted: :twisted:





            :wink:

            Comment


            • #7
              I can't believe I didn't know that! :shock:

              Cheers guys. :wink:

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mojo
                Thankyou Davidokun.

                I already made that point. :twisted: :twisted:





                :wink:
                I didn't mean to rub salt in the wound; I just hadn't seen your post yet.

                On a side note, I had a great time in Edmonton: attending the championships and the concomitant folk music festival, running along the river, etc. I even won second prize in the TAFNOT prediction contest.

                Comment

                Working...
                X