Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carl on Bolt...si.com

Collapse

Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Trackaholic
    So he was hitting about the rapid improvements made by Ben Johnson. What about Flo-Jo, her improvements were far more drastic. This is very hypocritical.

    Carl seems to be very dunce also. How can you use a one off race where bolt ran 10.03 to judge his improvement to 9.69 when bolt ran 19.93 at 17 and did 19.75 last year. Obviously Bolt could have run sub 10 before this year with proper mechanics.

    Bolt did 45.34 at 15 and 19.93 at 17. The world has never seen a more talented sprinter. You cant compare no one else to him idiots!.
    so because Carl did not name every single person in an interview that he thought was on PEDs he is a hypocrite. Well if that is proof of hypocricy then who is not. and since some folks think that hypocricy in such matters is worse than taking PEDs where do we go from here. PPAALEASE!.. more Jamaica yams.
    ... nothing really ever changes my friend, new lines for old, new lines for old.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by paulthefan
      Originally posted by Trackaholic
      So he was hitting about the rapid improvements made by Ben Johnson. What about Flo-Jo, her improvements were far more drastic. This is very hypocritical.

      Carl seems to be very dunce also. How can you use a one off race where bolt ran 10.03 to judge his improvement to 9.69 when bolt ran 19.93 at 17 and did 19.75 last year. Obviously Bolt could have run sub 10 before this year with proper mechanics.

      Bolt did 45.34 at 15 and 19.93 at 17. The world has never seen a more talented sprinter. You cant compare no one else to him idiots!.
      so because Carl did not name every single person in an interview that he thought was on PEDs he is a hypocrite. Well if that is proof of hypocricy then who is not. and since some folks think that hypocricy in such matters is worse than taking PEDs where do we go from here. PPAALEASE!.. more Jamaica yams.
      The guy said he was hitting out on BEN JOHNSON long before he got caught, while Flo-Jo was making greater improvements than BEN JOHNSON but some how he never noticed this ever, and i am not talking about this one interview.

      Comment


      • #18
        Agree 100%, trackaholic. The Woman's record books are a constant reminder to the stench of the East German regime - a documented steroid factory in the 70's.

        I guess if King Carl wants to look at time drops, he should look at Michael Johnson's run in 1996. Did he suggest Michael was on steroids too?

        Comment


        • #19
          When it comes to being an Ambassador of the sport, Carl Lewis can't hold Michael Johnson's jockstrap. One of my all-time favorite track moments was watching the replay of Johnson watching Usain Bolt break his world record. From the angle of the camera, it didn't appear that he knew that he was being filmed, but he reacted with as much excitement as a Jamaican track fan. There was not even a hint of resentment in his reaction.

          Comment


          • #20
            This guy Carl Lewis always rubs me the wrong way. I was wondering where he was all this time during the games. I just knew that he wouldn't have anything good to say about the Jamaicans acheivements, especially Bolt's. Yes there is PED users out there that will be caught but until then, can you just assess the acheivements of an athlete that the world has never seen before. He seems to think that he will always be the greatest and anyone who seem to rival his greatness(Bolt) cannot be clean. Even the most cynical person out there thinks that Bolt is one of those rare talent that comes along once in a generation. Lewis to me is just so pro American and cannot accept the fact that someone from another country is arguably the greatest of all time. He talks about him being a long jumper before a sprinter, but he can't use that same thinking that Bolt didn't focus on the 100m all his career then decided to and realise that he is good at it. I have never seen anyone clown around and look so effortless, PED users or not. I think this guy is as selfish and jealous as they come. I don't know why they want his opinion anyway.


            One Love!!
            One Love!!!

            Comment


            • #21
              so carl now is a hypocrite and a dunce ! what stupidity. most of you guys were proabably in diapers in 88 so you don't remember that carl was very suspicious about flo jo and her group during the trials and the olympics. even more so when flo jo retired in early 89, even before the season started, never running another race after the seoul olympics. edwin moses has spoken out on drug use and users, throughout the last 20 yrs, does that make him a hypocrite and a dunce too ?

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by tm71
                what stupidity. most of you guys were proabably in diapers in 88...
                that hit the nail right on the head

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by MJR
                  He has claimed that most everyone who ran faster than him was on steroid, hgh, etc.
                  no

                  read the script

                  he discusses only <9.80 guys & their chequered history

                  his pb was 9.86, so that means he made no comment on the 9.80 - 9.86 guys like donovan, bruny, frankie & ato

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    As much as most of us hope that Bolt is clean, we have to accept the
                    fact that his level of performance causes suspicions. In fact, it
                    would be naive to rule out the possibility---just as it would be for
                    Gay, Thompson, or Dix.

                    If you feel that someones suspicions are unwarrantedly large, a
                    personal attack is really not going to help. Instead attack the
                    arguments you consider faulty, point to over-looked evidence to the
                    contrary, etc.

                    In particular, for the Jamaicans: Do not take suspicions against Bolt
                    as a personal insult or a discrimination of Jamaica. Believe me, after
                    Marion, Gatlin, and Montgomery there is a considerable shadow over the
                    US athletes in public opinion; the Russians are under much greater
                    suspicion than the Jamaicans; and at least I have to deliberately fight
                    the impulse to unfairly think ``cheater'' as soon as I hear the name
                    of a greek athlete.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Is anyone really surprised with what's in this interview? I would have been shocked if Carl had kept his opinions to himself.

                      cman

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by onlooker
                        This guy Carl Lewis always rubs me the wrong way. I was wondering where he was all this time during the games. I just knew that he wouldn't have anything good to say about the Jamaicans acheivements, especially Bolt's.
                        Actually, he did say something good about the Jamaicans during the Olympics when he was a guest on German TV. This interview with SI sounds a lot different, but then again it is SI.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Lewis was wrong about Jamaican testing. The Jamaicans are subject to random out of competition testing be the IAAF and the JAAA. The problem is that the the JAAA doesn't have an independent testing agency. He also talks about Bolt's 10.03 PR totally out of context as parkerrclay has already pointed out at the top of this page. Also, Lewis omitted Maurice Greene as one of those sub-9.80 guys.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by tm71
                            so carl now is a hypocrite and a dunce ! what stupidity. most of you guys were proabably in diapers in 88 so you don't remember that carl was very suspicious about flo jo and her group during the trials and the olympics. even more so when flo jo retired in early 89, even before the season started, never running another race after the seoul olympics. edwin moses has spoken out on drug use and users, throughout the last 20 yrs, does that make him a hypocrite and a dunce too ?

                            Usain Bolt was also in diaper in 1988.


                            Carl lewis is using falacious reasoning. He draws illogical conclusions from false premises. An example of this type of reasoning based of Carl Lewis reasoning :

                            Look at these two scenarios below and if you are logical in your reasoning then you will realise that either (a) Carl Lewis cannot reason logically OR (b) The implied conclusion in scenario (2) is true based off carl lewis reasoning.

                            Scenario (1)
                            Explicit Statement from Carl Lewis reasoning:Veronica Campbell rank number one in the world over 100 meters did not make the Jamaica Olympics team in 2008 .
                            implied Concluison Based off Carl Lewis Reasoning: All the other female who beat her at the Jamaica trials in the 100 meters were doping.

                            Scenario (2)
                            Fact:Sanya richards (a jamaican by birth with steady traing in the US) rank number one in the world over 100 meters did not make the US world championship team in 2007

                            Implied Concluison Based off Carl Lewis Reasoning: All the other female who beat Sanya Richards (a genetically Gifted Jamaican by birth) at the US trials in the 400 meters were doping.

                            I could point out others but you analyze what "king Carl" he is saying and find them:

                            Bolt who was in diaper when Carl lewis was running has been faster than Carl lewis over 200 in all of these age group categories:

                            at 15 years old
                            at 16 years old
                            at 17 years old
                            at 18 years old
                            at 19 years old
                            at 20 years old
                            at 21 years old
                            at 22 years old

                            etc

                            In fact Usain Bolt from as early as a 17 year old kid has run faster times than what Carl lewis has ran over 200meters When carl Lewis was 21 years old.
                            20201.jpg

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Carl strikes again.

                              He is FOS

                              What he said was hard to argue with.
                              Does not make it right.
                              He has done this at every improvement and to every sprint star since Ben.
                              The problem is not this singular interview or him giving his opinion. It is the consistency with which he runs down those better than him.
                              Notice how he explains away the suspicions on him and his 1988 issues, yet holds all those that have run 9.80 and faster to a strict definition.
                              He is bitter and has been since he was an athlete. And I was not in diapers, I was a Carl fan. I started hitch kicking in my long jump because I wamted t be like Carl. I could not stand Mike Powell because he broke the record I was just waiting for Carl to take. Now Mike is one of my good friends. Funny what you learn as you get older.
                              The bigger problem is that Carl is the most recognizable figures in the world and represents track and field to the world, even still. Yet you are hard pressed to find him propping the sport at any point in his life. He believes because he ran fast and jumped far that he did enough for us. Carl has accused MJ, thus the row between Carol and Carl and MJ back in the mid 90s. Everyone remembers MJs comments in 1995 lol.
                              Carl did leave the sport, and when asked he admitted numerous times it was because he was disillusioned (bitter).
                              Some of you can try and explain awat this recent article but those of us who know the history are not accepting his recent, bitter rant.
                              Oh, the Jamaicans are not tested as much as others with independent testing agencies. AND even if their numbers were equal, the lack of an independent agency is the problem. If it is a problem elsewhere then it is a problem in amaica too.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by euan Track Guru
                                Scenario (2)
                                Fact:Sanya richards (a jamaican by birth with steady traing in the US) rank number one in the world over 100 meters did not make the US world championship team in 2007

                                Implied Concluison Based off Carl Lewis Reasoning: All the other female who beat Sanya Richards (a genetically Gifted Jamaican by birth) at the US trials in the 400 meters were doping
                                err...

                                he didn't mention sanya

                                probably because she ran 50.68 in that race

                                this is a gal who has run 48.7

                                he woud have to be a numbskull to use that as an example of 3 gals beating her that day being dopers

                                Bolt who was in diaper when Carl lewis was running has been faster than Carl lewis over 200 in all of these age group categories:

                                at 15 years old
                                at 16 years old
                                at 17 years old
                                at 18 years old
                                at 19 years old
                                at 20 years old
                                at 21 years old
                                at 22 years old

                                etc

                                In fact Usain Bolt from as early as a 17 year old kid has run faster times than what Carl lewis has ran over 200 meters When carl Lewis was 21 years old.
                                err...

                                he was doing lj most those early years & little/no 200s

                                how about redoing that list for bolt & his yearly lj from 15 -22y ?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X